✧24✧

☆゚⁠.⁠*⁠・⁠。゚☆゚⁠.⁠*⁠・⁠。゚☆゚⁠.⁠*⁠・⁠。゚☆゚⁠.⁠*⁠・⁠。゚☆゚⁠.⁠*⁠・⁠。゚

☯~。⋋°•.╏Zane's POV╏.•°⋌。~☯

Ever since the humans invade our world for the first time, our lives weren't the same especially when Esthalia sacrificed herself after defeating the human prince.

Though before she go, she has formed a new rule to put a king to take her place and run the land just like she did. She handpicked her subjects herself and her choice never failed us, the man who was a lion demi human and a loyal general.

He obeyed her decision without uttering a single word, the responsibility fell on his shoulders the moment he nods in agreement.

His Majesty, King Frederick was stern which is understandable since he used to be the strongest and wise army but all that demeanor was put aside when goes on his weekly visits to see how his citizen is doing in the village.

My family said say the new King was really nice and humble but wasn't perfect like their goddess, he always lend a hand for those who are in need, his selfless aura never leaves him and as someone who was chosen to play the important role, he vowed his life and every drop of his sweat for his land.

Sadly, he was killed by a mortal who weld the goddess's weapon and nobody knows how he was able to lay his filthy hands on our treasured chest.

Yesterday has become history, present is the moment and tomorrow is the future. Time never stops ticking and so are the moon revolving around the earth.

I spent my childhood in the dark cold cell with the rest of other kids, mostly humans for traffic businesses.

I've always thought that mortals means monster and i was hella right. How could they, what did these children do to deserve such fate? Where are their parents? Did they abandon them for fun?

What does humanity even mean? Bet that shit doesn't exist anywhere and it's just a dumb word they created for a show.

Disgusting.

We've been treated like prisoners, everyone was skinny and some of them were sick yet the monsters never bat an eye other than spitting handful, waste and worthless before taking them away and never be seen again.

God knows what happens to them.

I couldn't sleep but wonder where those kids are, hell I never had a good sleep ever since I was thrown in that dump and everyday I hear nothing but cries, stomach grumbling, a short laugh when one of us trying to cheer eachother up and whenever there's a cough or a sniffle, a child being taken away.

The monsters fed us a small bread and a cup of water, a meal per day. They dressed us in a torn rag with metal choker around our necks connected with chains attached on the wall.

As if we'd have the energy to run

When the monsters were about to sold us off, some of us fought them and they'd beat us until we couldn't stand. They throw us back into the cell like garbage and get the other behaved ones.

I lost count on how many days I've been living in this cursed land, I'm tired of counting and thinking. I don't care anymore, Whatever happens, happens.