Cupids Dance

"Oi Dean, Seamus!" I yelled calling them to me knowing the both of them are great flyers for quidditch

"Yes?" asked Seamus

"Do you two want to try out for the open space for Katie?" I asked,"We got a month until the first game. Enough time to practice. Tryouts are held this friday night. But as soon as Katie is well enough to play the positsion is hers again understand?"

"Yes," nodded Dean smiling,"We want to,"

"Okay," I nodded

I headed down to the Great Hall for dinner. I walked inside to see Dumbledore sitting in the front seeming to want to make an announcement. Everyone sat down and started to eat their dinner.

"Attention!" yelled Dumbledore making everyone stop talking and look up at him,"Now since we are no longer participating in the Hogsmeade trips. I would like to make an announcement that Hogwarts will be hosting a Valentine's day ball Saturday night from 6pm to 10pm called Cupids ball. Parents will be sending suits or dresses to everyone tomorrow morning,"

He sat back down and I looked at Leanne, Hermione and Ginny.

"A dance!" Leanne smiled,"This will be awesome,"

"I know," Ginny giggled looking down the way. I thought she would be looking at Dean but she looked at Harry. I nudged her and she shook her head blushing.

I smirked and leaned closer to her,"You like Harry still?"

She nodded and looked down before looking at Dean who was talking to Seamus both of them had blush all over their face,"I think Deans gay," she whispered,"He doesnt look at me like that,"

"Its okay girly," I smiled at her

Ginny got up and walked to Dean and tapped his shoulder motioning to talk. Dean nodded and follow her out of the great hall. I felt a tap on my shoulder and looked up to see Riddle,"We on for the dance?" he asked

"Of course," I nodded smiling

"I'll see you at 5;30 at the entrance," he smiled

I nodded smiling at him as he went to the Slytherin table again.

Ginny sat back down and Dean walked to Seamus,"I just broke up with him. He admitted he likes Seamus," she whispered

I nodded,"Are you okay?" I asked

She nodded turning to Harry throwing a roll at his head. Harry looked up at her from his food,"What Ginny?" he asked furrowing his eyebrows

"Wanna go to the dance together?" Ginny asked confidently

"Uh...sure," said Harry smiling not even glancing at Ron who was surprised by his sisters confidence and nodding approving of them.

"Great," she smiled brigtly

"Oi Granger," said McLaggen

Hermione groaned,"No," she said firmly

"What?" he asked confused

"No I will not go with you to the dance," said Hermione

"Why not?" he asked angirly

"Becuase she is going with me," said Leanne pulling her close,"We are going as friends,"

"Fine," he scoffed

"Thanks Leanne," Hermione whispered as McLaggen left

Leanne nodded smiling

(Time skip to saturday)

After careful consideration, I had chosen Dean to be my chaser on the Quidditch team. He was the standout among all those who tried out, with his quick reflexes and sharp aim. Seamus had also impressed me with his skills, but ultimately I had to go with Dean.