Bet

I was walking through the halls with my girls. We- headed to a courtyard and talked about boys. Katie talked about her crush on George.

"I mean Fred is funnier but George is so kind. I mean when he saw me struggle in Astronomy last year he spent the whole time in study hall helping me," she flushed over him,"He always asks me how my day is going at lunch," she squealed

"That's so cute Katie," I smile,"Your really like him," I poked her ribs

She nodded before turning to Leanne,"Who do you like?"

"Kenneth Towler," she said quietly

"He's cute! What do you like about him?" I asked

"Everything. His looks. his smile. The way I get butterflies whenever he's near me in the library or we're studying together. He's always so respectful to everyone even when they are being mean I don't know just something about him you know?"

"That is really sweet I'm happy for you Leanne," I said, with a bright smile" You as well, Katie. You should be happy with who you are with."

"Are you happy with Marcus?" asked Katie

"More than happy," I replied, smiling, "He makes me feel appreciated,"

We headed back inside for lunch. I kissed Marcus' cheek,"I will see you later okay?"

"Okay, Y/n/n," he smiled,"Love you,"

I turned to him, "what?"

"I love you. You don't have to say it until you ready," he smiled, "But know that I do,"

I blushed before sitting down with my friends. I talked with Oliver about the quidditch game coming up. I told the girls what happened as we walked through the hall.

I was heading to potions when I saw Fred and George running down the hall from potions. They laughed as they ran past. I continued to walk when Snape walked out of the room covered in glitter and slime.

Every student nearby began to laugh hard. I tried my best not to laugh so I bit my knuckle.

"As you can tell. . . Class is canceled. If you know who did this speak now," said Snape angrily

We all had a silent agreement and shrugged and looked at each other. Snape sent us off.  I headed to the library with Katie and Leanne.

We sat down in our corner and began working on homework. I needed a certain textbook for an assignment and so did Katie. We walked to a section when I heard two boys talking,"You have to stop this,"

"Why?,"

"You're messing with her feelings! It's not right! I never thought you'd take it this far!"

"But I really do love her!"

Katie and I turned the corner to see Marcus and Sebastian. I stopped and so did Katie. Sebastian looked straight at me before continuing,

"Alright, Marcus, enough enough. She is too sweet, and you gotta stop this whole bet thing,"

"Bet?" I said behind Marcus. He turned to me wide-eye

"Yeah it was so stupid, Y/n," said Sebastian" Marcus said he can make any girl fall in love with him and you were the one picked so he thinks that he'd make you fall in love with him. He'd win. then dump you,"

My heart dropped as I looked at Marcus. "I was just a bet to you,"

"Y/n, I love you," said Marcus, walking up to me