Secerts

I nodded, not wanting to worry them any further. "Give me a minute," I said before hastily leaving the kitchen and heading upstairs.

In the solitude of the family tree room, I gazed at the portraits of my ancestors. As I traced the lineage from my grandmother to her mother and so on, I noticed a pattern. Before I could fully process this realization, my dad knocked on the door.

"Y/n, you have it don't you?" he asked urgently.

Confused, I replied, "What?"

"Are you showing signs of wandless magic?" My dad's tone was serious and almost accusatory.

I tried to deny it, but he wouldn't let me. "Don't lie," he said sternly, stepping closer to me. "Your grandmother was able to perform wandless magic."

My hands began to glow red as I muttered under my breath. I quickly pulled away from my dad's grasp and backed away. "I didn't know what it was," I explained defensively. "Plus, Harry is more important."

My dad's expression softened as he looked at my hand in awe. "Y/n, why didn't you tell anyone?" he asked with concern.

"I didn't know what it was at first. And then... I just didn't want to make a big deal out of it," I shrugged, turning away from him.

Suddenly, my dad grabbed my arms and forced me to look at him. "Y/n Lyra Lupin-Black," he said sternly, using my full name. "How long have you known?"

"About two weeks," I admitted, feeling a sense of relief for finally sharing this secret.

"Late but strong," he remarked, studying my hand intently. "MOONY!" he suddenly called out.

"What now?" Father came the irritated reply from somewhere else in the house.

"FAMILY TREE NOW!" my dad yelled back, his urgency clear in his voice.

I quickly pulled away from my dad's grip and waited as he called for Remus. As we all gathered around the family tree, I couldn't help but feel overwhelmed by the sudden attention on me. But deep down, I knew that I couldn't keep this hidden any longer.

Father let out a shocked exclamation as he looked at my hand. "Oh shit," he exclaimed, his eyes widening in disbelief.

"Language," said Dad with a chuckle, trying to lighten the tense atmosphere.

But I couldn't focus on their words. My hand was tingling and sparking with an energy that I couldn't understand. I knew it was nothing to be afraid of, but the adults around me seemed concerned.

"It's fine, really," I stammered, trying to assure them and myself. "I can learn to control it on my own."

But as I turned to walk away, Dad stepped in front of me, blocking my path with concern etched into his features,"No, we must inform Dumbledore," he insisted, his voice tinged with urgency. "Moony, can you send a message to Andy? She may have knowledge of this magic."

"Of course," replied Father, already moving towards his writing desk. "I'll also inform Molly that it has happened."

"No," I interrupted quickly. "No one else needs to know about this. I don't want Mrs. Weasley or this Andy person to find out." It's not that I don't trust them, but revealing this secret could put me and others in danger from the Death Eaters.

"Y/n, this is not something that can be kept secret," Dad said firmly. "You need to tell Dumbledore and let him help you control your magic. It's for your own safety."

"I know, but... I'm scared," I admitted, my eyes brimming with tears. "What if people start treating me differently? What if they think I'm dangerous?"

"Dangerous?" Dad's expression softened as he pulled me into a hug. "You are not dangerous, Y/n. You are special."