23| ᴠᴇʀʏ ꜰᴏʀᴇꜱᴇᴇᴀʙʟᴇ ᴍᴏᴍᴇɴᴛ

"Julie, please, just breathe

"Julie, please, just breathe." I placed my hand on my hyperventilating sister's shoulder.

I know this feeling all too well. Julie was experiencing the chaotic emotions of heartbreak.

As much as I tried to console her, I felt helpless. I did not know what to say to her. My mind was going into a frenzy. My sister was clearly devastated. I could not craft a sentence to save my life. I could have said to her to give her any type of relief.

This was a very foreseeable moment. I wish I could say I didn't see this day coming, but truthfully I did. Last night, Julie finally summoned the courage to tell Darrion about her pregnancy. He did not take too well to her announcement. Without hesitation, he told her that he did not want to be a father, and then subsequently broke up with her. Now she is curled up in a ball in her room, crying into her hands, devastated.

"I thought he loved me." She repeated the same phrase she's been voicing all morning.

"That's not love Julie. You can do so much better than him." I said to her truthfully.

"I can't." She sobbed. It could be the hormones, but I have never seen my sister cry so hysterically before.

It was as if something had taken over her body. Her hands were violently shaking, and her eyeballs appeared as if they were going to explode out of her skull.

"Julie—Fuck him, you are way too pretty and smart for a loser like Darrion."

"I can't lose him. I don't know what I'm going to do." She cried.

I felt sick watching her so devastated over a guy like Darrion. He's a disgusting creep. When she first began dating that weirdo I was sure she was joking. I could be biased because Julie is my sister, but I truly think Julie was out of Darrion's league. Then I saw that the relationship was real—well her version of "real".

I couldn't put too much blame on Julie. I empathize with her. Three years ago, I was being toyed around with by a guy who is very much like Darrion. I eventually shook out of it. I was so sure Julie would walk down the same path that I did. I was wrong. She is pregnant by him, and he's treating her like dirt from off his shoe.

"Hey, Julie, come on, please stop crying."

I looked at my watch, and it was almost six in the morning. Neither of us had a wink of sleep. These sleepless nights are becoming too frequent.

There was no way Julie was going to be able to attend school today. I stood on my feet and mentally prepared myself to go downstairs and face our parents who were completely oblivious to everything going on.

"I'll be right back," I said before walking out of Julie's room.

As I made my way downstairs I mentally prepared myself to face my parents. I had the slightest clue what I was going to tell them.