17| ᴏᴜᴛ ᴏꜰ ʟᴇᴀꜱʜ

*** Author Note *** I'm soooooooo sorry. I could have sworn I published this chapter right before thanksgiving 😬😬😬 my bad. Enjoy! Heavy chapter.

I slipped on my black boots before taking a final glance at my reflection in the mirror

I applied another layer of lipgloss on my lips and walked out of my room. I tapped on Julie's door before I walked in. Her eyes were on the television.

"I'm heading out now. August just texted me. He's on the way." I said, letting her know I'll be gone.

"Have fun on your weird little date." She scoffed. She did not seem pleased at all that I decided to explore this thing with August.

"Julie, he's not that bad." I sighed.

"He practically bullied you for years. He was such a fucking asshole to you. If he thinks he can continue treating you like shit he has another thing coming because—"

"Julie." I groaned.

"I never thought you, of all people, would fall for his tricks. I don't trust him, and neither should you." Julie proclaimed.

Julie is in protective mode. I don't blame her. Before the incident where August saved my life, he was nothing but awful to me.

"Tricks, there are no tricks. We've just been hanging out. It's not even that serious Julie." I stammered.

"It is but I don't care to talk about it anymore. If I can't talk sense into you it's whatever." Julie rolled her eyes.

She has been in this unpleasant mood all day. Typically I'm used to Julie's rash attitude, but today in particular her aggression has been over the top.

"Well, you stay that way. I'll be back." I said before walking out the door.

Shadow was standing beside the front door. He looked like he was itching to go outside. I cannot understand how he has a never-ending amount of energy. He's been playing outside in the park the whole morning. How is he never tired?

"Bye Shadow," I said, placing my hand on top of his head.

August pulled into the driveway as soon as I walked outside. I hopped in his car. He reached his hand over and placed it on my face. I held my breath as he gently tugged at my face before planting a soft kiss on my lips. I felt a warm sensation run through my body. This is going to take a huge adjustment on my part.

"Where are you taking me?" I asked as I fastened my seatbelt.

"I'm not telling you." He smirked.

I ran my hand through my hair, and August drove a route I was familiar with. I clapped my hands in glee when we got to the ice rink.

I used to come here all the time. As I got older, my visits here became less frequent.

The ice rink was packed with people.