2 | ᴡᴇ ᴀʀᴇ ɴᴏᴛ ᴋɪᴅꜱ ᴀɴʏᴍᴏʀᴇ

"I don't even know what to say to you

"I don't even know what to say to you." Kaleb huffed. "You are such a fucking idiot!" Kaleb said to me for what felt like the 100th time tonight.

All eyes were on me. I saw the frustration and disappointment in all my best friends' faces. The judgemental glares directed my way just shoved me into feeling more of a piece of shit than I already do.

"I didn't think it was possible for you to fuck up this bad, but you never cease to amaze me." Billy slowly shook his head. "Why would you even say that?"

He sat across from me with eyes filled with judgment. He was frustrated. They all were with me. I felt like I was in the hot seat. I sat there, lowering my head in shame. We went over the plan in great detail. I allowed my emotions to take over. I foiled the plan. I felt an enormous amount of remorse.

Truth is, I've had this gigantic crush on Carmen for as long as I can remember. Every time I'm around her, my brain shuts off, and these meaningless insults spew out of my mouth.

Calling Carmen a gremlin came out of nowhere. The mere fact that I would say anything so egregious still baffles me. If anything, she is the most beautiful girl I have ever seen.

"You just can't get it right. Why is it so hard for you to be nice to her? You obviously like her!" Harvey shouted.

I stood up and rushed over to the fridge. I reached for one of the many beers on the shelf. I needed to clear my mind. I felt like my eyeballs were on the verge of springing out of my eye sockets. Anxiety was riddling my body. I can't explain why I do the things I do or say. The guys were right. I fucked up, and I don't know how I'm going to rectify it.

I turned my head at the loud sound of tires screeching coming from outside. People were beginning to show up. The party was about to begin. I wanted nothing more but to drink the night away and drown in the sorrow I caused myself.

"I don't know. She said something about having a boyfriend, and I flipped." I said before taking a sip of my beer.

"Really? Is that all it takes for the overjealous side of you to appear? That was not cool man." Kaleb expressed to me.

Kaleb has no fear of telling me when I am wrong. I have a lot of friends, but the main individuals I spend most of my time with are Kaleb, Harvey, and Billy.

Out of all three of my friends, Kaleb appeared the most disgruntled. I've confided in him the most about my feelings for Carmen over the years. I'm close to all of the guys who are standing over me at this moment, but Kaleb and I have known each other the longest. We have more history.

"You and I both know she was playing around. You just HAD to take it too far!" Billy slowly shook his head.

I'm aware Carmen does not have a boyfriend. I haven't stalked her per se, but I'm guilty of straddling the fence.

To my knowledge, Carmen has had a total of four boyfriends.

In seventh grade, she dated a guy named Matthew. It only lasted a few weeks. I remember feeling a certain way about it. I was relieved when they broke it off.