19| ᴄᴀɴ ɪ ᴋɪꜱꜱ ʏᴏᴜ

August showed up to my house in ten minutes

August showed up to my house in ten minutes. I slipped on my Ugg boots and hopped in his car. He was listening to music, and his mood seemed down. I leaned in and pressed a kiss on his cheek. I watched his body fully relax the second my lips connected to his face.

"Chic fil a?" He asked, pulling out of my driveway.

"I had that yesterday. I'm getting tired of it." I stated truthfully.

"Okay, what about McDonald's?"

I stuck my tongue out in disgust.

I wouldn't say I'm boujee, okay maybe a little bit, but Mcdonalds and I are not friends. Every time I eat that over-processed, science-experiment of a food, I get sick.

"We can just have the chicken nuggets," August said innocently.

I glared at August for the crazy person he was. "No," I stated.

"You said you wanted chicken nuggets. Mcdonalds has chicken nuggets." August with a shrug.

"I'm not eating McDonald's," I said to him calmly.

"Fine, where do you want to eat?"

"Ooh, what about that new chicken spot that opened up a couple of weeks ago? Faye went there and said the food is really good." I clapped my hands.

August nodded his head and punched the address into his navigator. The restaurant is located about twenty minutes away from my house. Since the restaurant was fairly new, it was packed with people. August got us a table while I went into the bathroom.

"Faye?" I instantly recognized her as soon as I entered the bathroom.

She wore an orange top and dark denim jeans. Her hair was pulled into a high bun. It's been a day or two since I last spoke to her.

"Hey." She said to me nervously. She was acting weird.

"What are you doing here?" Faye asked me with a shaky voice.

"August took me out to eat," I answered.

"Oh." She bit her lip.

"Faye, why are you acting so—"

"Faye, what's taking you so long?" The bathroom door swung open. It was Racheal. RACHAEL! She paused the second she saw me.

"I'm coming," Faye said to Racheal.

I glared at Faye. This was all too bizarre. Why was she hanging out with Racheal?

Everyone in the universe knows August and Racheal used to have something going on. I don't think I'm being paranoid for thinking that Rachael befriended my best friend with some ulterior motives. She's been very standoffish with me ever since I began hanging out with August.

"Um, I'll be waiting in my car," Racheal said before running off.

"What is this?" I asked a nervous Faye flat out.