11| ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏꜱᴛ ꜰᴇᴀꜱɪʙʟᴇ ʀᴇᴀꜱᴏɴ

"Huh? Carmen Olivia Vince

"Huh? Carmen Olivia Vince. Did I hear you right? You think August has a crush on you?" Faye glared at me perplexed then proceeded to fall over and laugh hysterically.

The very second I entered her house, I just unleashed the bizarre thought that had been continuously emerging in my mind all day. I spent the entire afternoon with August yesterday. It was pleasant. Nadine cannot stop talking about him. With all of that, it still felt strange. I can't recall ever being in his vicinity and us not going at each other.

It's an abnormal idea now that I said it out loud. The last few days, August has been so kind to me. The absurdity of the whole situation gave me no choice but to sit down, and think out what the hell is going on.

I had to be realistic about the situation. I don't think it's a genuine crush. It can't be. The most feasible reason why he may have developed a weird fixation on me is because of what happened with Zachary and that burglar. His emotions are all scattered, and I just so happen to be the person to share that with. It's a trauma bond or something of that sort.

I'm waiting for August to recognize he doesn't have any type of real feelings for me, and everything goes back to normal.

I hope it goes back to normal.

"I'm serious Faye. It's not funny." I held in a fit of searing anger. I was tempted to lunge at her.

"When you think about it. I kind of like it. You and August? An enemies-to-lovers story of the ages. I like the sound of it." Faye giggled. "He is fine, that one." She added with a wink.

"Ugh! Faye! Please, stop it!" I cringed.

I can't believe I was having a conversation about a guy I used to hate so much.

"It's August Baylor!" I stammered.

"I know." Faye giggled. "Come on, you have to admit, he's cute." Faye winked.

"I have eyes. Of course, he is, but again, it's fucking August Baylor! The guy who would go out of his way to make my life in school a living hell. Do you remember? Do you suddenly have a case of amnesia?" I scoffed.

"Did you talk to him about it?" Candice asked innocently.

"Yeah, I think that's what you should do. Talk to him." Faye chimed in.

"Absolutely the fuck not!" I quickly spoke while simultaneously staring at my best friend of years like the crazy, deranged person she is.

I don't think I'm being dramatic or exaggerating when I say I would much rather DIE than engage in a conversation like that with August.

I'm just waiting for the arrogant asshole I know him to be to come back to his senses, and we can put this awkward tension between us behind us. I just hope he does not revert to the horrible person he was to me. It's been nice having him as a friend. He's actually a nice guy.