20| ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɪꜰ ɪ ᴡᴀꜱ

"Call me when you get back home," Carmen said before she planted a kiss on my lips

I placed my hand on the back of her neck, and I felt her melting in my arms. The sultry images of what we were doing just a little while ago burned in my mind. The sound of her heavy breathing, the sound of her moaning, the sound of her saying my name as I had my head in between her legs. It was amazing.

Unfortunately, our fun was cut too soon. As bad as I wanted to ravish Carmen the entire night, I had something very important to tend to.

"I will. Bye," I said to Carmen before I pecked her lips once more.

Carmen entered her house, and I pulled out of her driveway. I don't have the full story on what the fuck is going on, but my mom got a call from a friend saying that Drew is roaming the neighborhood, and his face appears to be roughened up.

I got a few text messages from some people I know letting me know that Drew had gotten into a fight.

I was raging. Everyone knows that if you want to get at my brother, you have to get through me first. I sent a text message to Kaleb, and he's on the way to the party as we speak.

Miraculously I found Drew the second I turned on the road. He sat motionless at a curb in front of an abandoned house. His nose was gushing blood, and his shirt was torn. This was not some little squabble like I thought. Someone beat the living shit out of my brother, and I was seething.

I jumped out of my car and charged at him.

"Who the fuck did this to you!" I shouted at the top of my lungs. I wanted blood. I needed whoever was responsible for this to endure the most grueling death possible.

Drew slowly stood up and let out a deep breath. He appeared broken. I was so upset I could have cried. I had never seen Drew in such a bad state. His left eye was swollen shut, and I was ready to raise hell.

"It doesn't matter. I want to go home." He said in a faint tone.

"No fuck that. Drew! Who the fuck did this to you. I need to know!" I screamed into his face. I stood over him, and he began to tremble.

"Drew!" I shouted again.

"Just drop it. I just want to go home." He huffed.

I nodded my head. I was not going to let this shit go. I turned on my heel and made my way to the house down the street where the party was taking place. There were still a few people there. For the most part, they were all misfits. No one of real importance. The bottom of the barrels burn out who barely attend school because they skip class to smoke weed.

"August! No! Come on, please." Drew pleaded with me to stop, but it was all on deaf ears. I was not going to leave this party without getting some revenge.

"Oh look, it's the cool Baylor." A guy with red hair and crooked teeth laughed. He had a joint in his hand, and he appeared to be in his usual high state.