21| ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇxᴛ ꜰɪꜰᴛᴇᴇɴ ᴍɪɴᴜᴛᴇꜱ

"Breathe Carmen, breathe," I said to myself before I walked into the store

I felt like all eyes were on me as I entered the store. A short Hispanic woman holding a toddler at her hip was in the middle of a shouting match with the cashier. I felt out of place. My mind was in a whirlwind. My hands were shaking, and I felt like at any moment I was going to fall over and vomit a sea of chaos in my stomach.

"Carmen?" I heard my name. I turned around, and spotted the last person I would expect to see. It was Misty.

What was she doing here?

"Hey, Misty," I squinted my eyes at her. She wore a black hoodie and jeans.

She did not appear herself. Misty is like me. She likes to wear frilly skirts and tops. I have never seen her wear sweats in my life.

This particular corner store was disgusting. The floors were streaked with black marks, and they were grungey. I'm almost certain they have not been mopped in months, maybe years. I went out of my way to go to an area where I would not see anyone that I knew. Misty is the biggest princess I know. What was she doing here?

"Hey Carmen," She said nervously.

She stood beside a black man who appeared to be in his early twenties. He does not look familiar. I did not get a good vibe from him at all. What was Misty doing handing out with him?

I had to call it for what it was. I hate to jump to conclusions, but I'm not stupid. His race aside, he gives off the feeling that he is a drug dealer.

"Uh, it looks like I have to go. I'll see you around." Misty said quickly before running off.

I was a little confused by the interaction, but luckily for Misty, I had bigger fish to fry. I walked down the aisle and frantically grabbed the pregnancy test. It felt like it weighed a ton. I never thought I would be in this position, but here I am. After I made the purchase I rushed back home.

Julie was sitting on my bed when I pulled my door open. Her head was down, and she was picking at her fingernails. It's a habit she does when she's nervous.

"You're okay?" I asked cautiously.

Julie shrugged her shoulders. I know her. She was probably freaking out, and I don't blame her. In the next fifteen minutes, we are going to find out some life-changing news.

"Here." I threw the pregnancy test on the bed beside her.

"Thank you so much." She mumbled.

She reached for the test, stood up, and walked in the direction of my bathroom.

I felt like I was walking on air after August dropped me home. The great bliss I was in was quickly shot down when I found Julie crouched down in a corner, crying into her hands hysterically. I just assumed she was having issues with that weird boyfriend of hers.