4| ᴛʜᴇ ɪᴍᴘᴏꜱꜱɪʙʟᴇ ʜᴀꜱ ʜᴀᴘᴘᴇɴᴇᴅ

"Wakey wakey sleepy head

"Wakey wakey sleepy head." Billy yanked at the olive green comforter on top of me.

I heard a barrage of movement in my room. Instantly, I was pissed my sleep was interrupted. I needed rest. My entire body felt like it was hit by a semi-truck. Although it was easy to pin the burglar down, I still had to hold onto him for a couple of minutes before the police showed up. It was physically straining to my body. My back muscles were sore, and my wrist felt stiff. I needed to stretch as soon as possible.

When I came home from the police station, I took a shower and went straight to sleep. For the most part, I had a soundless sleep until my asshole best friends barged in and interrupted probably one of the best sleep I've had in a while.

I fluttered my eyes open to see Billy, Harvey. and Kaleb standing over me. Staring down at me with red eyes. They all reeked of the weed I'm sure they spent the entire night smoking. It disturbed me that they did so little to conceal that they were high out of their mind.

I hope my dad did not see them. It's been hard enough not rattling him up into a fury after I was arrested. I sat up and rubbed my eyes.

"You are the talk of the town Mr. Hero." Harvey placed his hands on my shoulders and rocked me back and forth.

I was exhausted. I barely slept. I spent the majority of the night staring up at the ceiling in deep thought.

"What are you assholes doing here?" I asked before I let out a yawn.

I reached for my phone to read the time. It was 9:37 a.m. I gulped as I noticed a storm of calls and text messages from people regarding the robbery.

"We came to check on you. Your mom let us in." Billy answered before hopping on my bed beside me.

Fuck Mom!

I let out a deep sigh. I was not anticipating them coming this early. I wanted to get some more sleep, but I knew that was not going to happen because these three knuckleheads would prevent that from happening.

"On a serious note, are you okay?" Kaleb focused his brown eyes on me.

"Yeah, I'm fine. A little shaken up, but I'll be alright." I left the comfort of my bed. I walked over to my closet, took out a T-shirt from my drawer, and slipped it on.

I can see my phone flashing in the corner of my eye. I put it on silent right before I went to sleep.

"How is Carmen? Have you talked to her?" Kaleb asked.

I shrugged my shoulders. "She sat there and cried the entire time," I answered.

I don't blame her. That man killed Zachary right in front of her. It had to be so traumatizing for her to witness such an egregious display of violence.

I scrolled through my phone. Spontaneously, something in me told me to visit her profile. I was stunned to see Carmen had unblocked me. I've created countless fake profiles over the years trying to get through but each time I've been unsuccessful. The only individual in my friend group she follows is Kaleb.