Epil. 18: A Life Well Lived

We had lunch that day, and we had a cuddle session later. Every girl had their share, but they had a rock paper scissors tourney for who could lay on my torso. Feet up on the ottoman... and each girl... mmm... I'm so warm right now. 

March, 2034

It... stayed like this for the next couple or so months, until I got a really stupid idea, one very stupid idea, but I don't care. I've thought about this in the back of my mind, and I'm not writing this one down.

I'm talking about marriage, but with five women. What am I? Old world? I... really started considering the possibility when each one of them confessed their undying love, even when I was dead and gone. 

The big M word... it's time...

Eve: Mmmm... five more minutes. 

She wraps her arm around me, refusing to let me out of the bed. 

Y/N: Hey... come on... remember I said I was going to go and see Jayce today? This is his final examination, and he might let me go... 

Eve: If it's daytime drinking again...

Y/N: Hey, I didn't drink...

Eve: Mmmm... shhhh...

Kali: Yeah... shhh...

I sleep with the girls two at a time, sometimes three, sometimes none if Rusty gets to me first. No, not weird like that, but Rusty likes to lay on my stomach or lay at the corner of the bed like a dog. He's gotten a little big now that we've started taking care of him. He's not at his full size, but he doesn't need to be. 

He's around two feet long, about a foot tall, a little chubby, with grey whiskers on his snout, but that's good for me, because I can still pick him up if I need to. Bao's grown too, the little cat is closer to full-sized, but he's still got a little bit to go. 

About five or so minutes later, the girls finally let me go, and I'm off to Braum-Vi's. Here we go... 

*BUS NYOOOOM!*

Yeah, I took the bus, public transport is amazing nowadays, less crackheads pissing on the bus and all that... 

No car, the girls don't trust me with one, and they think I shouldn't get a job at the department because that's how I died. So... I'm the stay-at-home cat and otter dad. I'm totally fine with that, because at least I'm with someone I love at all times. 

That marriage thing is bothering me a shit ton though... 

I walk into the bar and see Jayce sitting at the counter alone, drinking a gin and tonic, a classic drink for classic people like us. 

Y/N: I'll take one of those too!

Jayce: Think that's a good idea? 

Y/N: Had a lot on my mind... think it's time I'd ease it a bit.

Jayce: How's things?

Y/N: Head's good, no outbursts or... strangling my ladies in my sleep. They love me, Rusty is setting in his new habitat, Bao hasn't ripped apart the couch recently... so, all good.

Jayce: Still feel paralyzed waking up in the morning?

Y/N: Mmmm... right as I wake up, yes, like... there is a delay in the cybernetics, but it's not bad. 

Jayce: What about those crazy apocalyptic dreams? 

Y/N: I'm just remembering the part where I kiss myself, and actually, last night I had a dream where I was with my girls, like... dreaming a random event in the future.