Ch. 2: Promotion

Y/N POV

Sylas: So, you served in Freljord? 

Y/N: I did, yeah, did you? 

Sylas: I did, I did.

Y/N: You know this personal connection doesn't lessen your sentence? 

Sylas: No, I'm fully aware of that! It just helps to talk about this stuff because... it helps me remember that we're all human, some born in chains, some born in glory, some even born in shit. 

I chuckle a little at that one as he does. 

Sylas: Well... I mean, I was just doing what the general taught me. 

Y/N: Who was your general? 

Sylas: Gragas. 

Y/N: Oh, jeez... I'm sorry. 

Sylas: Hey, he helped me understand I had a job to do, and the best way to do that is to stir up as much trouble as possible, that way you get to your job quicker. 

Y/N: When in society-

Cait: Yeah, that worked out well for you, clearly. 

We arrive at the station, where I get out of the car and take Sylas out of the back. 

Sylas: Well, officers, good chat. 

Y/N: Yep, get moving. 

Sylas: So, just one last question? Please! 

Cait: Alright, we'll bite.

She opens the side door, where we take him to the registry desk. 

Sylas: Just how long did it take to track me down? 

Y/N: About a week, you weren't the nicest criminal under the sun, but you were pretty easy to find. 

Sylas: Huh.

Unnamed officer: I got this one, guys, thanks. 

The officer pats my shoulder as I walk away, adjusting my suit. 

My suit is... a suit. 

It is not special, I got the jacket and the matching pants from a thrift store, and I can't wear my tie because... I like to dabble in my extracurriculars, I can't wear my tie because I don't have one. 

old, black wool suit, with a blue dress shirt to match underneath. 

We stay preppy, while Cait sometimes comes to work with a cute sweater on. 

For today, she has some boots, some trousers, and her blazer on, since it was just a little breezy around this time of year. 

It's that time of year where the winter transitions to the spring, and Yordle Teemo didn't see his shadow, so no six-weeks of winter.

Cait: Well, should we celebrate? 

Y/N: After you, miss Kiramman.

Cait: HAH! You wish... 

I sign the document so that the officer, filling it out on my behalf doesn't need it later. 

It's not legal to do that, not at all, but literally nobody here cares, because the higher ups know we're all here to make Piltover a safer place, as it is the biggest hub for trading and pleasure.

Cait grabs my arm and drags me away from the desk. 

Y/N: Someone's in a rush! 

Cait: I'm meeting someone there... 

Y/N: Oh boy... a convict date? 

Cait: Fuck you, you know she's a sweetheart. She's trying to better herself; you know? She ditched merc work and became a "solutions consultant", the legal alternative.