Ch. 33: A Different Perspective

??? POV

???: So, like, that didn't go as planned...

???: No shit, what are we going to tell the boss?

???: Tell me what?

Both of us squeal, nearly giving us heart attacks when we look back at the mask.

???: N-nothing! Just that... he was going to say something.

???: NO!!! She was!

???: Pussy... Bob, Rob, and Sandra are all out of the game, and Sandra might blab. Turns out cops aren't as brainless as we thought.

???: Well, I trust you'll go deal with it next, king.

???: Of course, sir.

???: Meanwhile, how did the letter go with Jayce?

???: No good, it's in police hands now.

???: We need to show them that their law enforcement is weak, its presence is too strong.

???: Lucky for us though...

???: They won't suspect a thing...

I take out my phone, calling our little weasel.

???: Yeah? I'm at work right now, lives won't save themselves.

???: You wanna meet for a drink?

???: W-what? Where is this coming from?

???: Just as good friends, maybe, possibly, I don't know.

???: U-uhh... SURE!!! I'll pick you up after I my autopsy reports later tonight, sound good?

???: Sure.

He later comes back out with a leather jacket, lined with a green trim.

???: I'm heading out.

???: If you fail, do not come back here.

???: Yep... heard it before...

???: As for you... show Shen a good time, play with him like a puppet is played...

???: Of course.

His mask disappears into the darkness, leaving me in the light of the warehouse, guess it's time to get back to it.

TIMESKIP!

Y/N POV

Y/N: So, like, I guess like Akali, I'm at a total dead-end. Looks like it could be the Shaco people, turns out they're a bit craftier than we thought.

Vi: Well, they're also giving Cait some ass-pain as well, especially from that letter.

Y/N: So, what's the deal with that?

Vi: Oof... long story I'll try to make short, Jayce is having some legal and ethical troubles with his company. Apparently, he's being accused of working on human subjects for his cybernetics division and Cait is trying to find the blackmailers. He also has that trial coming up with the general of Noxus, Darius. He wants to seize his weaponry and his manufacturing for himself or so it seems...

Y/N: That's rough... Does he have anyone to back him?

Vi: Viktor was an old buddy of his, although he's stricter and he's more careless, arrogant, and also just a tad self-centered... Vik also lives in Zaun and might lose his standing but is relevant from his background with him and his technology, how useful he was to the region... the list goes on.

I pull into the parking lot, parking the car and hopping out with Vi.

Y/N: Well, I hope the trial goes his way. It'd be a shame to lose a company like that, especially since the world is changing drastically every day it seems. I mean, you saw the Jaytech badge on Scratch's prosthetic?