Ch. 35: Jester a Pawn

CAITLYN POV

I bolt outside, fucking destroying my door when I shut it and slide off the railing, straight to the whip. Zooming out of the lot and to the Noxian border. 

*NYOOOOM! SUPERCHARGER WHINE FOLLOWED BY SIRENS!*

I weave in and out of this ridiculous traffic, riding the shoulder until I'm stopped at a checkpoint. 

Officer: Ma'am?

Cait: Officer Caitlyn, you let me in right now. 

Flash the badge, then they... hand me a gas mask? They nod at me to take it, and I do just that. Don't tell me this clown fuck used a bioweapon! 

I put on the mask, cruising past the checkpoint slowly and all the way to trucks parked, blocking the road. I get out, witnessing through the crease between the trucks, a hazmat team walking over with Geiger counters. 

A guard comes out of one of the trucks, gently pushing me with a full armored containment suit on. 

Noxian Guard: Ma'am, I understand you may have jurisdiction to get passed the checkpoint, but I HIGHLY advise you coming through. 

Cait: I'm a detective! Just give me the rundown so I can put it on file. 

Noxian Guard: We're assuming the Koenigsegg had a small, tactical nuclear weapon of some kind stashed inside of it. There is heavy radiation past the trucks, we advise you to LEAVE!!! 

Cait: That was Shaco, right? 

Noxian Guard: That explains the confetti...

Cait: What?

Noxian Guard: Confetti, and the cloud was pink! He detonated it a few short meters away from the border, he was vaporized from the blast as well as the car, all we have is a badge off of one of the alloy rims. We're trying to analyze the sight, but it might be a while before this route is safe again. 

Cait: Shit...

Noxian Guard: I'm sorry he could not face justice, but ma'am, YOU NEED TO LEAVE!!!

I tuck my tail between my legs as she shoves me away from the trucks, then head back to my car, climbing in and heading through the checkpoint and back to the city. 

Y/N POV

My phone buzzes again. 

Y/N: Speak.

Cait: Turns out Viego detonated a fuckin' bomb in his car and blew up the Noxian border beyond entry. Saw two trucks blocking the road and hazmat guys heading in with Geiger counters. The guard I spoke to thinks it's some tactical nuke. Something tells me Darius is going to want to point a missile at someone for this. 

Y/N: Shit...

Cait: Any luck on the green jacket guy? 

Y/N: Viego? He acted out of fear. Apparently, he never wanted to kill those people, but he was afraid of what Adam would do if he said no. I guess he still just doesn't know how this work works. Orianna is concerned that he's the king, and everything that comes out of his mouth is a lie, so we're hooking up the lie detector and doing it again. 

Cait: Huh, good luck with that... I'm going back to bed. Shaco's vaporized, but we'll see if it's confirmed in the next few days. Watch the Noxian news for a press release or something. 

Y/N: Right, see ya. 

I hang up, plopping my phone in my jacket and helping Vi hook up the lie detector. 

Viego: You know... this is just unnecessary. I'll just give you the same answers. 

Y/N: Oh, we know, that's why I'm changing up the palette.