Epil. 13: Roping in the Demoness

Phone call session with Jayce is going good, Kai forgave me for choking her as long as she can dress me up and take me for a haircut. She's so understanding and forgiving that it hurts, and whatever she's cooking downstairs smells amazing.

Jayce: Sounds like PTSD.

Y/N: But it's vivid, like, I've had PTSD before, you know? I'd remember a dream, but I wouldn't feel it. This time, I felt like I was actually back in the penthouse, and could feel everything exactly how it felt, I could even feel the bullets in my chest.

Jayce: Hmmm... that is different. My guess would be trying to find a way to cope with that nightmare, like you normally do with PTSD. Therapy, I'd avoid medication, but I'd make sure you're getting this out of ya, somehow, someway.

Y/N: I got back with Kai'Sa.

Jayce: How'd she take it?

Y/N: Well, but I also strangled her, completely on accident, like I did it in my sleep.

Jayce: Hmmm... seems like... it's what I feared. We... well, two years ago we nullified that issue where implants would take over the body. But now, they obey the brain, HOWEVER... it looks like it'll obey it regardless of consciousness, and it acted on the stress in that situation of life and death. That's all I can say really. You need to control your stress as you get used to the implants. They learn as they go from that neural implant in your neck.

Y/N: So, what do you suggest?

Jayce: The least stressful environment possible, oh, and avoid the harmful dreams, maybe tie yourself down or something, I'm not a psychologist, just a horrible mad scientist.

Y/N: You're a life saver, don't talk about yourself like that... thanks for this, Jayce.

Jayce: Don't mention it, stay safe, Y/N.

I hang up and put the phone away, then throw my jacket on and head out the bedroom door, I can hear my next target bickering with a guy in the lounge area. But... I figure I head in and greet Kai first.

I come up behind her while she's cooking, lightly putting my hands on her and nuzzling her neck.

Kai whispers: Hey there...

Y/N whispers: Hey...

Eve: And that's why you can't just say something like that! I know you might not, but I have a career to keep in shape if we ever start singing again!

Lucian: Keyword, "if" babe, you guys haven't had a concert in five years, not even a soccer, football, or basketball halftime show, like... get real.

Eve: No, how about you get real? Stop saying slurs online, or at least don't tag me! Like... digital footprint much?

Lucian: Girl, digital footprint doesn't matter in my line of work, as long as I'm not texting minors, the team's lawyers got me.

Team's lawyers... OH!!! Why hasn't it occurred to me now? Lucian, saw him when he was a rookie for the soccer league, guess he went pro and stayed pro for a while, good for him, good for her too, just wish he took his shit more seriously.

Though... all those pro benefits, they just give you excuses to be fuckin' lazy and act like a kid when you're thirty.

Eve: KAI!!! What's your input on this? Help him see reason.

I'm guessing she hasn't looked over here because she hasn't fainted yet. I turn and look at Eve who just stood up, and she turns around right when I hit her with the-

Y/N: Sorry, Kai's not around right now, but I could take a message for her-

*LARGE EVELYNN GASP!*