Ch. 13: Unexpected Visit

Y/N POV

I open the door, and... it's Evelynn! The fuck is she doing here? How did she find me? 

Y/N: Oh, hello Eve! Uhhh... how and why are you here? 

Eve invites herself in, her tails stroking past my waist as she trickles by. I shut the door and turn around, watching her strut to the living room. She then turns around once she feels my presence behind her. 

Eve: Toby says you've been asking a lot of questions, even getting detective Caitlyn to help with the case. He wonders what you've been saying and... well... I do too... 

She presses herself against me, her tails slowly wrapping around my thighs. 

Eve: He says you've been nothing but trouble... but... I like trouble, darling. 

She bites her lip, her fangs on full display as I feel her hand feel up my stomach, then crawl its way down to my crotch. 

Y/N: Evelynn, no! No... what's this about?

I gently take her hand off of me as her tails instantly let go of me. Evelynn turns around, sniffling and I think I can hear her start to cry.

Eve: N-nothing! I-it's just... oh, our relationship is so over, Tobias'll never talk to me again, I'll never see him, he's gonna hurt my girls... *sniff, whimper* 

Y/N: Wait, Eve, wait! Tobias sent you here? 

Eve: Yeah, don't you know that...

Y/N: What? Know what?

Eve: I can't do this! I JUST CAN'T!!! *Sniff* 

Her makeup is running down her face, so I just give her a tissue for it, which she uses right away. All I do is comfort her, coming in for a hug when that's all I can give. Sure, it's a bit personal, but I think she just tried to sleep with me for information because Tobias told her to, so don't lecture me on personal. 

Y/N: Look, Eve, you don't need to do this, not with me, alright? He put you up to sleeping with me so he can figure out what I found out? 

I feel her nod and sniffle against my chest. 

Y/N: Yeah, this is fucking stupid. 

Eve: I just... *sniff* I loved him before he revealed to me he was a crime-lord, and now I'm not so sure anymore. It's taken a toll on him, Y/N! *Sniff* I worry he's... he doesn't see me as his girlfriend anymore, even as his fiancée... you know w-we planned on getting marriieeed... *sob*

She just starts bellowing and gasping into my chest after that, after a few minutes I'm ready to speak to her some more. 

Y/N: Something tells me this isn't the first time this has happened either, because this seems like quite the pent-up reaction. 

Eve: Why else would you think witnesses end up missing? *Sniff* 

She shivers in my arms, so I just walk her to my couch, sitting down with her and not letting go of her. What she needs right now is support, support that I'm not sure I'm able to give, but I'm giving it to her anyway. In my opinion, persuading your girlfriend, most likely with manipulation, to sleep with someone that's investigating you is just cruel. The seductive became the manipulated, and she does NOT like it one bit.

It's not being resourceful, it's not being tactical, it's just being an ass...

Eve: Y-y-you... 

Y/N: What's that? 

Eve in a shaky voice: You were the first guy who ever... turned it down, who... I... thanks, Y/N. 

Y/N: Of course, of course, take as long as you need to. I'm right here if you need it...