Ch. 14: Spark of a Flame

TIMESKIP!

Y/N POV

Y/N: At first it was self-defense, but then when I tried to make the arrest, she took a fucking cyanide pill!

Cait: Crazy loyalty... that's bad news...

Y/N: It was impossible to track down all of Jhin's followers, wonder if they started their own cult. Jhin had me suspect there might an impersonator and Varus had me thinking it was someone else, someone who likes to play games.

I walk with Cait until I end up in my bedroom. I walk inside the room as Cait thinks with her notes, knocking on the closet door. I pull Eve out, and she's just silent, nearly stiff as a board in pure fear.

Cait: Maybe... someone who idols Jhin, or sees him as an influence?

Y/N: I mean, if some of his followers are involved.

Vi: Wait, hey, look at this!

Vi isn't technically allowed to be in here, but she has the same thing that Lucifer had in that one show, she's a consultant.

She pulls the one goon's sleeve up, and it's a four-dot tattoo, a signature tattoo that Gang Four parties had.

Y/N: Holy shit... welp, we were right.

Vi: But look here, right next to it.

A joker card tattoo, but not your conventional kind, this looks like it was cut into the skin.

Vi: This... other guy has his burned into his hand.

Cait turns his hand over with surgical gloves on.

Y/N: Alright... so, Tobias mentioned something about us dying, as well as his boss being crazy. According to him also between a conversation with... this little demon... and Tobias, he doesn't account for failure, and even tried to get this poor superstar to seduce me for answers...

Eve: H-he... h-he- *gasping for air*

Y/N: Hey, hey! It's alright... you don't have to talk right now...

Eve: W-what... h-happened?

Y/N: These were your killers, my killers too. I'm sorry you had to get involved in this, Evelynn. Please, let me take you home.

Eve: O-okay...

I look around my apartment, and it's absolutely destroyed. I might need either a new place to live, or have my landlord shaft my ass for all the bullet holes and blood stains.

Cait: You going somewhere?

Y/N: I'm taking Eve home.

Vi: Okay! Okay, we won't stop you, you got everything you need?

Cait: Yup.

Their conversation is drowned out when I leave the apartment with most of my belongings, the ones that matter.

I take Evelynn's coat and drape it over her, where I feel her arms go into the holes, then I pull up the hood and wrap my arm around her, slowly walking her downstairs. I can feel the distress in her tails, as they shake against my back, trying to hold onto me. I end up grabbing her tails, and wrapping them around my waist for her.

I feel like I'm helping an old lady across the street with the way she's walking right now...

Y/N: You able to drive?

She nods, then separates from me.

Eve: Promise you'll follow me...

Y/N: Of course.