Epil. 4: Enhance

I am writing now to tell you that... progress on Y/N has not been very efficient since we started his heart. It's difficult getting a person back up and running. It doesn't help that the press has been on our ass for the last four years...

2029

Jayce and Sarah: HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! 

*LOUD CHEERING!* 

I kiss Sarah, passionately, because that's what you're supposed to do with your wife on New Year's. 

Eve: Oh my gosh, look at these lovebirds! 

All the girls giggle as I kiss her, then we separate, nothing but a smile on each other's faces. 

Sera: So cute! So lucky! 

Eve: Someday we'll find someone. 

Kali: I don't know, I think I'm just giving up on dating... most guys I meet are jerks. 

Ahri: Same... it might be the move.

Kai: Definitely. Jayce...

Jayce: Mmmm... what? 

Kai: How has Jaytech been? 

Jayce: Good, good, making breakthroughs it seems every month. From, restoring life itself and making weaponry that can punch through even more walls. 

Kai: Huh... mhm... 

Jayce: You guys know the press and the news has been all over me, questioning my methods yet again. 

Kali: You know why, right? That power surge that caused some buildings to go out. 

Jayce: Yeah, but not cause I was sucking the power, because I was outputting too much of it, transformer boxes exploded. 

Kali: What were you playing with? 

Jayce: A world rune...

Ahri: HAH!!! Nice try, those aren't real... 

Jayce: Believe what you want, but I know one when I see one, and I've been trying to harness its power for over two years now. 

Eve looks at Sarah, and Sarah smiles guiltily, nodding back at the girls. 

Kai: Wow... that's incredible, those were supposed to be lost to time, buried with ancient colonies in Shurima, some even buried under Noxus and places like that! 

Jayce: I know, then someone I bring in has one around his neck, it's crazy.

Sarah whispers: Jayce-

Sera: Who was that?

Jayce: Oh, uhhh... 

I look over at Sarah for a ladder out of this hole I dug. 

Sarah: Heimerdinger, one of our lead physicists, you'd have to ask him.

Ahri: No, that's fine, I'm not that desperate. 

Kali: Hmmm, it would be interesting to know what you're doing with that much power. 

Raising the dead! No, I'm a CEO, I can lie...

Jayce: Uh, just making advanced cybernetics, laser cannons and stuff like that for the military. What caused the blast was Heim and Singed were activating a laser leg, that took too much power from the rune and destroyed pieces of the bio department. 

Kali: Laser... leg? 

Jayce: Yeah, an implant that's only supposed to tase people ended up putting a hole through a wall, guess we had too much power hooked up to it... Singed got burnt up but... he's fine.