Epil. 8: Old Habits

Y/N: You know where Braum's Place is? 

Driver: Haven't heard it called that in a while... they call it Braum-Vi's now. 

Huh, that actually has a nice ring to it.

Y/N: Figures... alright, well, take me there please. 

Driver: Sure thing, guy. 

*NYOOOOM!*

He drives me through the city, and oh my gosh... this whole place is wicked... the streets are the same, but the infrastructure has gotten a serious fucking upgrade. 

Newer traffic lights, lamp posts, flying lanes for hover bikes and cars. Albeit not the most advanced like in a sci-fi movie, but they exist! Drone paths for packages... this is fucking nuts... it's becoming nighttime, so there are neon lights turning on as we cruise down the street. 

People walk down the road with either glowing glasses or other forms of glowing clothing. Some more laidback clothing like me, and others with implants out the wazoo, unable to wear shirts and looking all cyberpunk...

The homeless population has been stomped, but there are now crazy street performers, like a guy blowing fire out of his nose. The driver finally arrives to the fight club, now with a giant vibrant sign. 

It's the same building, rustic and old now, but got enough remodeling to keep the same aesthetic. 

Driver: Here we are...

Y/N: Hey, thanks a lot. This city is... something crazy. 

Driver: Something new happens every day, good luck pal. 

I get out of the car and the door shuts on its own, then he reverses out of the lot, speeding off. Guess... I'm on my own for now. I hope Braum is still around...

I head to the entrance, but before I step onto the old sidewalk in front of it, I take a couple breaths of fresh air, clearing my head... Hey, Braum, look who's back from the dead! Is Vi around? I have amnesia, so I don't remember how I died! Good enough, let's go. 

I barge into the bar, and... wow... fresh hardwood, hand-stitched chairs, the doorway to my left takes you to an underground stadium, with a giant hallway, allowing you to view it through the glass in the door. To my right, it's familiar, a stage, however now renovated, with some people practicing, all wearing masquerades. 

One of them nods at me, I nod back, I figure I'll go to the bartender and ask about their boss. 

Y/N: Hey, barkeep!

He turns around, clearing his throat, and replying in a heavy Russian accent. 

Ornn: It's Ornn... and I'm sorry, we're closed. 

He slowly places a double barrel shotgun on the counter in front of both of us, hand on the grip. Through his mask, wait, he takes his mask off, revealing a paler face, red eyes, and strong red hair, including a beard. He's on the heftier side, looking like he can send me across the room with a flick. Not as big as Braum though...

Y/N: Where's the boss, Braum? He's an old friend of mine, I figure I grace him with my presence yet again. 

Ornn: You look... <familiar...> Have I seen you before, sir? 

The Slav studies me, then looks at my jawline, and back at me. He's trying really hard to figure out where I'm from. 

Ornn: Hmmm... what is your name?

Y/N: Y/N, Y/N L/N, I was a detective last time I remembered, if that helps. 

Ornn: I think I know a Y/N... tell me, where did you meet Braum?