Epil. 2: Party

TIMESKIP!

Jayce: Perfect... bring him in here. 

Alright, Y/N, organ donor, let me cut to the chase. You aren't... getting your organs taken out of your body... we're going to put you in a liquid tank. 

Collaboration with the bio and cybernetics department has created countless possibilities. One of them is a bio-chamber, a tank that we can use to preserve tissue, cells, blood, and organs, living or not. We are going to put him in the tank, in hopes it'll reverse any form of decomposing. 

We stripped him down already and hooked him up, now the fun part... the pipes that will go down his throat, through his nostrils, the mask, and the pipes going into his... other parts. 

Immoral? Yes? Unethical? Very yes.

What helps me sleep at night is that... these sacrifices, are changing the world for the better, and they always consent to this beforehand! He is an organ donor after all...

The team loads him in after hooking him to the filtration tubes, the air vents, and the pipes, then, they sink him in. I monitor the whole thing to make sure it's done right. 

I type the commands into the computer myself to activate the liquid stasis and rejuvenation processes. He may not see the light of day again, but dammit will he be one hell of a subject to test all our healing gadgets on. Who knows? We got a lot of time...

Jayce, this is your friend! How could you? Because... it's possible that one these things might fucking save his life! STRAIGHT UP, RESURRECTION!!! I'm not crazy, you are. 

Lab rat: Vitals are... still gone, but... cells are regenerating, blood is... starting to pump, oddly enough, without the heart. 

Jayce: That's the tank doing its magic, how is the pumping? 

Lab rat: Imitating... one hundred over seventy. Not abnormal. 

Jayce: If anyone wants to watch this overnight, you may, and you will be paid for it! 

After I said that, everyone hunkers down for the night, and starts texting their loved ones that they'll be home late. 

Lab rat: Let's hope we do something revolutionary...

Jayce: Revolutionary is a LOT better than world-ending, for sure. This is a step towards progress! Good job, people... 

I leave the room as they clap at me, I love my workers and they love me. I head out of the incubation room after a long day and then another guy bolts to me as soon as he sees me, it's Heimerdinger, one of the lead scientists, in charge of all the departments. 

A short, hairy man, you could mistake him for a squirrel or something, with huge goggles on his face. 

Heim: Jayce! WE MADE A DISCOVERY!!!

Jayce: What is it? 

Heim: We took the necklace that Y/N had on him, and it turns out... it's an unknown element, the more religious guys are saying it's a chunk of a world rune, from the Runeterran ancient passages, it's supposedly a chunk of one of the crystals that held the world together!

Jayce: Well, doctor, what do you think? 

He holds it up, adjusting his one goggle, I look at it too, studying it when he turns it. It seems like... or looks like... something is living in there, a soul or... a power source even. 

Heim: If it's a possible chunk of a world rune... this can power the city until the end of time, that... or power a person.

Jayce: Superhero type shit?