Chapter 33 ~ Reunions

Cass' POV:

After a few hours, I was done with the nurse and had spoken to all the guests of my.....funeral.....that i was able to.
Of course, everyone had a lot of questions and i answered best i could but even i eas unsure on the details of how.

Amy and Blaise stayed by my side watching out for me as i made the rounds and inbetween filled me in on how Luna was now she was back at school.

Narcissa and Lucius had decided to stay with us for a couple days to keep my parents company and talk to them in case anyone needed emotional support.

Blaise and Amy returend to Hogwarts at the end of the day which left me on my own finally. I was tired and needed space to digest all that had happened.

Draco hadn't returned, not that i knew of anyway, and I was doing my best to ignore the ache it left me with.

Deciding to use my alone time productively I chose to take a hot shower, feeling gross and dirty from being........dead. Ya know what? Let's say, absent. Yeah, i was absent.

I was lucky to have an ensuite in my room, so not needing to take any clothes in eith me, i stripped off in my room and made mt way to the bathroom with my towel. I turned the water on and relaxed instantly as the hot water released every tension.

I was too engrossed in my thoughts to notice the sound of someone apparating at first, but when i felt a cold breeze drift into the shower, i knew someone was here.

Only my family and friends had permission and the ability to apparate inro my room but i couldn't guess who it woukd be.

"Hello?" I called out, peering my head round the shower door.

"Cass," Draco's voice called back and i saw him standung in the bathroom doorway, looking the guiltiest he has ever looked.

"Cass, I'm sorry. I ran. I just.....i lost you and i didn't want to live anymore and when you came back i just....i didn't know if i coukd believe it, if i could let myself hope it was real," he sobbed, dropping to the floor in the doorway and I wrapped myself in the towel to go over to him.

I lifted his head up with my hands and cradled his face as i looked into his beautiful teary eyes.

"Draco, i understand. It's ok. I was safe with my family and you knew that, i don't blame you," I reassured him.

"You're really alive aren't you. I can feel you," he whispered, raising a hand to caress my cheek before pulling me into a tight hugz sobbing into my shoulder.

"I'm here, I'm alive. I promise," i cooed over and over until he had stopped crying. Neither of us moved for a while, just envracing and enjoying the feel of my body against his.

"I had lost you," Draco whispered eventually and the pain in his voice broke me entirely. I felt his pain as if it had been my own.

"No, i never left you, not really and I promise I never will. The bet couldn't keep me away, your awful attempts at wooing me in the library couldn't, the dark lord couldn't, not even death," i promised him and he pulled away to look at me shocked.

"You remember our library dates?" He asked with a grin.

"I remember it all, Draco. I'm so sorry I.....," i got cut off by his lips on mine, pulling into a passionate kiss. His arms wrapped around my waist and my own wrapped around his neck.

"You remember us? You remember me?" He asked to make sure.

"I remember everything. Especially how much i love you," I cried, unable to my tears back as his eyes filled with love and joy.