Chapter 28 ~ The Truth Will Out

Draco's POV:

The weeks that followed after my date with Cass were, to day the least, magical. She was opening up to me, sharing stories, asking to spend time together and even inviting me to study together. It felt like having my Cass back, even though it was clear her feelings weren't where they used to be, i could tell she was starting to feel something for me again and i was greatful for the chance to have her back.

I was due to spend the afternoon with her in the library and to say i was excited was an understatement. In fact, i was a little too excited remembering our past activities in the library and it caused a situation in my trousers that was the reason i was running late.
Every time it went down i would remember where i needed to go and it would spur the memories. God damn Cass, why did she have to be so hot?!

"Hey, Draco, mate, can i come in?" Blaise asked through the door and i called him in. Blaise was no stranger to the boner dilemma with Amy being busy with exam studies these days.

"Oof, situatiin huh? You got 10 minutes until youre due at the library, you gonna run there?" He chuckled and i rolled my eyes. Of course i was going to run, but i wouldnt admit that to him.

"What's up Blaise? Did you need something?" I asked him and he shuffled his feet awkwardly.

"Well, you see, theres a slight problem," he started, looking guilty as hell.

"What have you done?" I sighed, knowing he wouldn't come to me unless there was a problem he couldn't manage. "Did you get Amy pregnant?" I smirked at him, teasing but also partly serious.

"WHAT?! NO! Or, well.....i dont think so. She hasnt said anything. But no thats not what it is," he mumbled the last part and couldn't look me in the eye, whatever was wrong, was really wrong.

"Blaise, mate ur freaking me out. Whats happened?" I asked seriously, stsnding to face him now my situation had gone down. Serious situations are a great boner killer.

"Pansy knows. About the bet," Blaise said slowly and i scoffed, why did this matter?

"So? Its Pansy, what does her knowing have to do with anything? No one would believe her," I rolled my eyes. She really was a busy body.

"Cass would," Blaise reminded me but i shook my head.

"Cass knows i love her," i responded confidently.

"No, Cass used to know you love her. But those gaps in her memory are stilk there Draco, she may trust you now but that trust is on thin ice. She cares enough to be heartbroken but doesn't trust enough to believe you over something like that," Blaise pointed out and i felt the blood rush from my face. Shit. He was right.

"Ok but why would Pansy want to tell Cass anyway? What does she gain? And she doesn't have proof," i tried to stay rational but hadn't even realised id started to pace.

"She asked me a couple days ago if you were single now that Cass didn't have her memories. I think she's interested in you again and psychotic enough to try and break up any progress you have with Cass to ensure her chance," Blaise tried to fit the pieces together and the awful puzzle start to make sense.

"And the evidence? She can't have evidence, it was a spoken bet between you and me, there's no proof of that," I said surely and Blaise hummed in agreement.

"You're right, i don't think there's any evidence trail. We should be ok," he confirmed and we both let out a sigh of relief.

"So it's all good, i can go see Cass," I thanked any and all gods that may or may not exist that this had worked out for us. Pansy was a crafty witch, literally, but i hoped this was one thing she couldn't get her mitts into.