Chapter 11 - Drunken escapades

Cass' PoV:

"God its warm in here!" Amy moaned as we entered the pub. We had decided to sneak out and grab a drink while we chatted. We weren't of age to drink yet but only a year off and Madame Rosmerta had always been fond of us. She often snuck drinks to students as long as we were polite.

"Hey, there's a table there," Amy said, pointing towards the back of the pub where it was a bit less packed. The pub was busy, being a Friday night, and while it meant it was hot and loud in here, the general atmosphere was fun and light-hearted.

"Which one of us is going to brave the bar?" I asked Amy, and she smirked at me, giving me a knowing look. I stood up to go and order when a flash of pale hair caught my eye and I saw Blaise and Draco entering the pub.

"Huh, what're the odds," I mumbled to myself as I watched them look around.

"Not bad really, I mean this is the only pub," Amy said and I hadn't realised she had heard me but she was looking over at them, already waving to catch their attention.

"Oi, Malfoy, over here!" She called and I gave her an impressed expression. She was terrified of Draco, or at least used to be, but since she found out about us she didn't seem to be holding anything against him anymore. It meant a lot to me that she trusted my judgment of him.

"Cass, didn't know you were coming here," Draco said with a smile as he approached.

"Can't say it's a bad surprise," Blaise chuckled, shooting Amy and I a wink before he scooted into the booth we had procured.

"Whose doing the bar run?" Blaise asked and I raised my hand with a laugh.

"Please, join us boys. No its no trouble. We'd love to have you. Take a seat!" I teased sarcastically as Blaise made himself comfortable at pur table. Draco gave me a smirk before wrapping an arm around my waist and we both went up to the bar.

"Did you get whatever you were sorting sorted?" I asked Draco, noticing he looked somewhat relieved by something.

"Yeah, everything's good for now. What you drinking?" Draco asked with a smile and I looked to see Madame Rosmerta waiting for our order.

"Oh, ummm, Amy wants a Butterbeer and I'll have a rum," I said and Rosmerta nodded before looking at Draco.

"Two firewhiskies please," he said and she nodded again. "Oh and put them on the same tab," Draco continued and I gave him a raised eyebrow.

"I've got a rich family who pay me to behave. May as well use the money to treat my friends," Drack said with a shrug, but I could see the mention of his family had irritated him a little. I took his hand and gave it a comforting squeeze as Rosmerta slid our drinks over to us.

We each picked up two drinks, heading back to our table where Amy and Blaise were in deep conversation.

"Ok but what I dont understand is why on earth you're dating Pansy Parkinson of all people?! I mean you seem too....normal? Sane?" Amy said frustrated, clearly not understanding Blaise's thinking and honestly I was curious myself. Amy had scooted into the seat next to Blaise so I took a seat next to Draco, leaning my head on his shoulder as we waited for Blaise to respond.

"Honestly, she's not all bad. She isn't as crazy as some of the other girls who have shown interest in me, and the sex is good," Blaise shrugged and I snorted at the last bit.

"Really? Don't you hope for a bit more than not crazy and sex from a girl?" I asked and Amy backed me up by nodding.

"There isn't a whole lot of choice within those categories alone in slytherin," Blaise answered and I simply rolled my eyes at him.