Chapter 17 - A Christmas Ball?

Cass' POV:

Ron had woken up the next day and had no memory of what he'd said when he was passed out, and Hermione was crushed, although Lavender still hadn't forgiven him meaning their relationship was over finally!

Ron didn't seem particularly sad it was over, if anything he was relieved, but now Hermione was more anxious than ever, knowing he was single again.

I'd left them to their troubles for the day, deciding to spend some time with Draco on the tutoring, seeing as recently the only alone time we had spent wasn't particularly.......productive.

To say he made me pay for blue balling him would be an understatement. Draco Malfoy knows how to get even.

"Ok, try it again," I instructed as a very frustrated Draco stood with his wand out after reciting the patronus charm about 30 times already.

"It's not ever going to happen," he sighed, and I knew his mood wasn't going to make this easier. "Can't we just go have sex instead? If somethings gonna be hard I'd rather it be my dick than this spell," he grumbled and I laughed at his plea.

"Ok how about we try 5 more times and then we can call it a day," I offered but he gave me a smirk.

"2 more," he countered but I shook my head.

"4 more and I'll stay over tonight," I bartered and he paused to think.

"4 more, you stay over AND I get to do you against that book shelf," he bargained, pointing to the bookshelf behind me which had also been the shelf we had made out against that first tutoring session.

"Fine, but you have to actually try," I said seriously and he grinned at me, clearly pleased with what he'd managed to win for himself.

"Expecto Patronum," Draco said, and a tiny faint whisp came out the wand but disappeared quickly.

"No, whatever memory you're using isn't strong enough, you need to think of something that really makes you happy," I reminded him, and he paused to think before giving me a smile and raising his wand again.

"Expecto Patronum!" He said boldly, a bright silver spell bursting forth and taking the shape of a dragon that soared around us and I threw myself into Draco's arms, thrilled he had finally mastered it.

Draco's POV:

I stood gobsmacked as I saw the dragon take shape, amazed I'd finally been able to produce a full patronus. I'd always assumed I was too dark and broken to use light magic, but here it was, right in front of me.

Cass threw herself into my arms as she hugged me and I snapped out of my daze to embrace her tightly, so thankful for her patience and help to get me here.

I couldn't bring myself to tell her the truth that the reason I'd been able to produce the patronus was because I was thinking of her.

Specifically, the day of our first date, the moment she had kissed me then. I hadn't realised it at the time but it was in that moment i had started to love her and the way I looked at her had changed since then. She was no longer Cassandra Welsh the girl in my way, she was Cassandra Welsh the girl  I couldn't get out of my head.

More importantly however, now I was certain, I was ridiculously in love with her. I hadn't been sure, and mostly just afraid to admit to it but having her be my happy memory only solidified it for me. I think I'd known all along but now I could admit it.

I was in love with Cassandra Welsh.

"I can't belive it! You really did it! And it was so beautiful!" Cass beamed, ecstatic and basically bouncing as she smiled at me.