Chapter 31 ~ Infiltrate with wedding cake

It was plan day, which meant Draco was being extra annoying by trying to be protective.

"Do you have a wand? We should have an emergency signal. Do you know where to if something goes wrong? I need to know you'll get to safety," he kept asking and while it was sweet he was worried for me, it was getting on my nerves.

"Yes. No. Yes. Its going to be fine, Draco. If you stay calm it won't give anything away," i reassured him but he didn't look convinced.

"I just don't like the risk youre pitting yourself in," he grumbled.

"My god, you're worse than Blaise!" Amy laughed from where she was sat against the wall outside Snape's office. It was the only way in and out of Hogwarts and we had gotten permission once Narcissa wrote to Snape. We just had to wait for the right time.

"Hey, I've only just convinced Cass I'm not some evil he-demon, again. I'm not going to let some death eater do her any harm that may take her away again," he pouted and i gave him a sad smile. He was really trying and while i was still heavily conflicted inside, i did hate seeing him so heartbroken. I mean, of course, i loved him so his pain hurt me but also i hated him and it kinda made me smile. Confusing? Very.

"Draco, i promise I'll be careful. Plus you're mum is there and she'd look after us all," i reminded him and he looked more convinced now.

The stairs to Snape's office spun and formed, meaning we could finally go up. As we entered i noticed how different the office was from when it was Dumbledores. It lacked life and colour nowm even fawkes was gone.
I missed fawkes but i trusted that he would come home when he was ready. Dumbledore wouldn't have left him to me if he didn't know what he was doing.

"Floo is over there. Get out quickly," Snape said, not even looking up at us from where he was sat.

Draco went first and I followed, letting Amy bring up the rear so she didnt get bombarded with questions as soon as she arrived.

"Oh my! The engaged couple is here!!!!" I heard squealing as soon as i exited the floo and saw Narcissa running towards Draco and I. Amy came through just as Narcissa reach us, throwing her arms around me before she even acknowledged her son.

"Mum!" Draco whined as his mum ignored him.

"Oh hush i was getting to you! But I'm so happy to see my daughter in law!" She said excitedly, giving Draco his hug. "Oh and i haven't said anything to your family yet dear, didn't want to ruin your lovely idea," she said, sending me a wink and i smiled politely. What?

"Follow me into the planning room!" She clapped, and we followed behind. "By the way, i found this pin of yours, Cassandra," She turned to hand me the pin I'd lost that Dumbledore gave to me.

"Thank you!" I said happily, id missed this. I put it on and felt a lot better already. Except there was still one question on my mind.

"What idea?" I whispered to Draco.

"To stop mum from telling your parents, i told her we were going to host a surprise engagement party, pretending its a normal ball and then make an announcement at midnight," he clued me in and I raised an eyebrow. Actually a decent plan, for both this excuse and as a general wedding announcement idea.

"That's good. Nice plan," i applauded him verbally and he smiled, looking chuffed.

"Ok, so first of all we need to sort out wedding colours and themes, then we can pick a dress that matches. Now obviously we want to incorporate your favourite colours. Draco can you find my fabric box? I think one of the house elves might know. Be useful dear," Narcissa waffled on, clearly not wanting to let me out the decisions but more than ready to kick Draco out.
To be fair, she knew her son well, his face had grown bored and tired as soon as she said wedding colours.