Chapter 14 - Glitz, Glam and Drama

*TW - sexual harassment/assault*

It was the night of Slughorn's party and Amy, Hermione and I were in our dorm getting ready.

Amy was done first as she rightfully won dibs on the bathroom in an arm wrestle earlier in the evening.

She was wearing a short blue bodycon dress that fell off the shoulders slightly. It was a simple design that didn't risk much but looked elegant and beautiful on her. Plus the rich blue looked great with her black hair and made her hazel eyes stand out.

Hermione had chosen to go with a simple skater style white and silver dress. It was charming and delicate with lots of intricate lace details but the overall effect made her look like a snow fairy and she looked amazing. For sure Ron would notice her!

For myself, I'd picked out a one sleeve off shoulder dress. It was partially mesh but mostly solid black and with my reddish hair pinned up, I think I didn't look too bad.

"Forgetting something, Cass?" Amy said with a smirk and I gave her a confused look before realising she was holding my heels in her hand and I wasn't wearing any shoes.

"Oh crap! Thanks for reminding me!" I laughed, taking the shoes off her and slipping them on. I'd chosen some plain black heels, that laced up around my ankle a couple times. I'd chosen some simple silver jewelry so didn't want loud coloured shoes.

I tended to lean towards darker colours as it made my grey eyes stand out a bit more as sadly they often get lost in most colours.

"We all ready then?" Hermione asked, looking at the clock and I realised we were running a little late. No doubt our dates would be waiting for us.

We left our dorm and went down to the common room where Hermione met Cormac who gave her a suggestive wink as he eyed her up and down hungrily. He really was a pig. Not helped by the fact he then proceeded to do the same to Amy and I.

I grabbed Amy's hand and led her out the common room, Hermione and Cormac in tow. I couldn't see Harry and Luna and assumed they had already headed towards the party.

Draco and Blaise were meeting us at the party as discussed so we set off towards Slughorn's office where his living quarters also were.

As we approached the hall to his office we started to hear the faint sound of chatter and music, and followed it to his office door, pushing it open to be met with a splendid sight of beautiful silver and gold decorations.

"Ah come in!" Slughorn bellowed happily as he spotted us arrive. He waved us over but Hermione led Cormac over so Amy and I could find our dates in the mass of people.

"There's no need to be nervous mate," I heard Blaise's voice say and spotted him and Draco through the crowd.

"Nervous for what?" I asked as we approached them and the boys turned to look at us and I saw Draco's eyes widen.

"Wow....you look......just....wow," Draco stumbled, chuckling at himself at the end as I giggled at his compliment.

"Not bad yourself," I said with a wide smile. Draco had opted for a more formal suit than his usual attire but it still had a carefree charm to it as he left his jacket buttons undone. He looked every part a male model and I couldn't help but think he'd make a good profession that way if he was a muggle.

"If you two are done eye fucking each other, Slughorn's about to make a toast," Amy laughed and I snapped out of my daze to realise I had indeed been staring at Draco, and I blushed hard. Draco however looked proud at my reaction.

I turned to look over at Slughorn who was addressing his guests with his glass raised.

"My dear friends, I'd like to start of by thanking you all for attending. I'd also like to mention the great achievements you have all made that are the reason you are here. This room is filled with Hogwarts' brightest and most impressive witches and wizards, and I'm honoured to know you all," Slughorn said in a booming happy voice. He raised his glass higher in a toast and those with glasses returned the gesture. I grabbed a glass of champagne off a server's tray and returned the toast.