Chapter 29 ~ Hate is a good fuel

It had been a week since i had found out about the bet and i had been avoiding Draco the best i could, and that meant Blaise too. Amy had spoken to Blaise and he had apologised to her for his part in it (finally) but kept insisting that Draco wasn't lying about his feelings for me. But i couldn't believe him. Either of them. There were too many lies and this was exactly what id expect from Draco Malfoy, at least the Draco Malfoy i had always known and not the new....better lie version.

I'd told Amy about my meeting with Cormac and how supportive he had been and she filled me in on a couple particular memories i was missing. Needless to say, i was pissed. I can't believe id let him touch me! Not having key information sucked and i didn't know what to trust or who.

It was at a time like this that i really missed my friends. Harry, Ron, Hermione, Luna and Neville. Most of them had returned, Luna had been missing for ages now, taken from school one night, and Neville had gone home for a few weeks to care for his ailing grandmother, he would return soon though.

No one hsd heard from the trio in months, not since the wedding which I'd sadly missed with my....memory predicament.

"Hey Cass!" I heard Seamus' voice and turned to see him running towards me, what could he want?

"Hey Seamus, whats the rush?" I asked, noticing he looked a little panicked.

"Malfoy. He's in the common room looking for you!" He said, nearly spitting out Draco's name.

"What?! Why?!" I groaned out. What the fuck did that dingbat want now?

"How the fuck should i know. But he's causing a scene! Please go get rid of the infestation!" He begged, and i rolled my eyes but nodded.

I wasn't surprised no one was able to get him to leave. He was stubborn. And even Seamus wasnt a match for that level of stubborn.

"Ah bless ya Cass, that's not an easy task. Want me to find my sister to kick ass with ya? I'd do it myself but id be late for Dark Arts and i do NOT want to get on the Carrows' bad side," he huffed, frustrated at the same thing all of Hogwarts was. The Death Eaters.

"No, she's busy don't worry. If i can't deal with one prissy blonde prick then this world is gonna chew me up," i laughed and Seamus chuckled.

"He is rather pathetic!" Seamus laughed, bidding me goodbye as he headed towards his lesson.

I didn't speak to Seamus much, me being closer to Amy than him but he was quite entertaining. Perhaps i should make the initiative to get to know him a little better. Besides, id probably learn a lot of funny things about Amy that way.

It didn't take me long to get to the common room sadly, and there was a group of angry Gryffindors stood outside, glaring at me as i walked up.

"I don't want him here dont blame me!" I huffed at them, walking past to enter the common room, finding Draco sat on the sofa with his feet up.

"Care to explain yourself?" I demanded from him and he shot up at my voice, standing to face me.

"Actually yes, and you're going to give me the time to do so," he demanded right back, walking towards me so he was stood in front of me. It felt a little like a challenge to try and defy him but i didn't want to, i wanted answers.

"You dont have time, theres a large group of Gryffindors outside waiting for their common room back," i explained while rolling my eyes. How was he so dense?

"Fine, then we take this somewhere more suitable," he answered nonchalantly, grabbing my wrist and pulling me after him as he exited the common room.

Every pair of eyes turned to look at us as we left and I shot them all a dirty look, daring them to say something. They scurried away quickly.