Chapter 22 ~ Midnight confessions

Cass' POV:

I was staring blankly at the ceiling, bored out if my mind after being stuck in the infirmary all day. There was nothing to do and counting potion bottles had gotten old after the 5th time.

"My god I'm bored," I groaned to myself, flopping back against the bed and wincing slightly as the movement pulled at my sore skin. I forgot about that.

I hadn't blistered and thankfully the skin did cool down but it remained a little red and so Pomfrey told me to stay in overnight just in case seeing as there was no one else here.

Her quidditch emergency from earlier had apparently been simple enough to fix with some spells, just required it being done to a whole team.

"Quickly, put him down on a bed and close the curtains," I heard Pomfrey say and saw her enter the room with Snape in tow, both if them using their wands to levitate what looked like a boy into the infirmary and down onto the bed.

"You did well Severus but these wounds are still deep," Pomfreey said as she got to collecting potion bottles and I sat up a little to see a flash of bleach blonde hair before the curtain was pulled around the boys bed.

Now, i only knew three bleach blondes at Hovwarts, one was a first year who wouldn't be that tall and the second was Luna. Meaning the person spluttering blood and causing Pomfrey to panic.......was Draco.

"What happened?! Who did this?!" I cried as I tried to get out if bed to come see Draco but Snape sent a spell my way to keep me stuck to the bed.

"After the stress you've already caused today, I think it'd be best if you stayed out the way," he sneered, clearly still upset about earlier but I wasn't going to take no for an answer.

"Professor, please, let me up. Tell me what happened. Is he going to be ok?!" I begged and Pomfrey didn't answer as she disappeared behind the curtain to tend to Draco but thankfully Snape gave me a few breadcrumbs.

"He was attacked by another student. An unknown, dangerous student created spell with nasty consequences. Let this be a lesson about trying things above your talent level," he chuckled darkly and I scowled at him. Draco was bleeding out and he was making jokes!

"Who did this?! Why would they do this, surely Draco didn't provoke anyone enough to cause this," I spoke up in Draco's defence, although I knew all too well that Draco could have quite possibly said something heinous.

"It's none of your concern Miss Welsh. Mr Malfoy will be tended to and the culprit will be punished, there is no need for you to worry about your own safety," he rolled his eyes at me and I bit back a retort. How dare he assume I'm only interested for my own sake!

"Oh for heavens sake, Severus, the pair are dating," Pomfrey snapped from behind the curtain and I smiled a little at her sticking up for us after this morning.

"What pair?" Snape asked, clearly not even registering she could possibly be talking about Draco and I.

"Little miss loud mouth over there and this poor skewered boy," She snapped at him, clearly done with his attitude.

Snape looked over at me with a raised eyebrow, swaggering his way over to look over my bed and looking down at me.

"Is that true, Miss Welsh?" He asked, obviously waiting fir me to deny it.

"Yes, it is. We have been seeing each other since the start if the school year," I responded and his brow furrowed.

"That long? Curious, Draco never mentioned that development," he mumbled to himself, looking concerned at something but I had no idea what.