Chapter 16 - Ron's bad day

Draco's POV:

It had been a week since the night of Slughorn's party and Cass and I had managed to spend the majority of it in my dorm room. She even bunked her perfect attendance to skip an early morning class thanks to a wake up kiss that got a little too carried away.

Lessons were torture, not being able to be near her and having to watch her looking irresistibly sexy every second. I was greatful for Blaise helping to keep me distracted most lessons, keeping me up to date on the Slytherin dramas and his ever growing relationship with Amy Finnegan.

Cass had taken her free afternoon to study with Amy and Hermione which gave me a chance to work on the cabinet I had been neglecting. I mean, really, what am I supposed to do? Choose a dusty old cabinet over having sex with literal sex on legs? I'm not an idiot.

The cabinet itself had started to gain some of its power again, although still not transporting successfully, it was showing signs of improvement and i was starting to feel more confident that I'd be able to complete the task on time. Of course, killing Dumbledore was still seemingly impossible. He's Dumbledore for fucks sake!
Even if he just stood there and let me I'd feel too guilty to do it! I've done a lot wrong in my life but I've never even come close to killing someone and I'd hoped I'd never have to. Unfortunately the Dark Lord needed to punish the family and that meant taking my father's mistakes out on me.

I loved my parents, both of them as shocking as it may seem, but their bad decisions in life had lead the family into ruin both within the wizarding world and the death eaters. We were disgraced everywhere and I'd been raised knowing this my whole life, even if my father told me that our family name meant we were special and better than others. I had always known we weren't. I just tried in the hopes that maybe one day I'd convince someone...or at least convince myself.

"Hey, Draco," I heard Blaise speak up and turned to see him turn the corner into view and tossed him a lazy wave.

"Surprised you're here and not with Finnegan," I said with a knowing smirk and Blaise chuckled.

"Had to come find you," he admitted, and I could tell leaving Finnegan wasn't his choice.

"What for?" I asked, covering the cabinet with the dust cover.

"They're done with studying," Blaise spoke up and I realised why he wasn't with Finnegan and why he looked annoyed that he was here with me.

"Oh, is she looking for me?" I asked, referring to Cass.

"No but she will be if I go back to the common room alone. You being alone is practically unheard of," Blaise pointed out and I nodded. I suppose it was rare that anyone ever saw me by myself. In private I was always with Cass now, and in public I always had Blaise by my side.

"Thanks for the heads up, let's go," I said, and Blaise perked up, leading the way out the room and I chuckled to myself as I could practically see his little dog tail wagging with excitement at returning to Finnegan.

I couldn't judge him though, I was just as anxious to get back to my dorm and see Cass again.

I knew it wasn't entirely healthy to spend all my time with her, and I didn't want to smother her. But I couldn't help but want to be near her all the time, even if just in thr same room, her presence brought me joy. Whenever she was around me I felt important for once. Important to her and I was determined not to let her down.

I made sure to get her out too however. I knew that even if she didn't realise it, she needed to see her friends and get some space from me and while at first she always complains about leaving, she returned with a refreshed and satisfied smile that makes her whole body glow. Cass was introverted too I'd learnt, despite how she came across, but while people in general drained her, the few that she cherished gave her more strength than sleep, food and water combined. I was thankful to know that I had that effect on her too.