Chapter 6 - Quidditch try outs

"Ron looks like he's going to throw up," Amy whispered in my ear as we both looked at Ron across the table who was looking at his eggs as if they were a puddle of sick.

"You alright Ron?" I asked and he looked up at me with a forlorn look on his face.

"Quidditch try outs today. I'm going to look like an idiot," he grumbled and Amy laughed.

"Ron you're being an idiot now! You're a great keeper! You'll do fine!" She said and Ron gave her a weak smile, clearly still not convinced.

"What did you put in his drink, Harry?" Luna asked from where she sat next to Hermione and we all looked at Harry to see a flash of a silvery phial as he hurriedly put it back in his pocket. Harry had won the potions challenge and gained the liquid luck, but this is how he chose to use it?

"Harry you can't that's cheating!" Hermioke chastised him but Ron stood up suddenly, a great big smile on his face and I noticed his now empty goblet and sighed. Oh lord, here we go.

"Come on, Harry! We got try outs!" He said chirpilly. Amy and Hermione shared a nervous look as we all got up to follow Ron and Harry out the great hall and towards the quidditch grounds.

On our way out the castle we passed Draco and his gang who hooted and whistled at Ron and Harry mockingly, but thankfully the boys paid them little mind. I was half expecting a similar mocking from Draco as I passed next but while his gang shouted lame insults, he kept his lips shut and instead flashed me a charming grin.

I smiled back wearily before looking away quickly, rushing to catch up with the others.

"Right, everyone," Harry started to address the crowd that had gathered to try out but they were too busy chatting to hear him.

"Oi! Listen up!" Ginny shouted, capturing the attention of everyone and Harry flashed her a greatful smile.

"Right, we will split you up into the positions youre trying out for and play a quick match to see how everyone is playing," Harry explained.

Hermione, Amy and I left the pitch to go sit in the stands, not really needing to stay to hear Harry's instructions for the players.

They all kicked off, flying up into the air and taking their positions. Ron looked confident in front of the goal but it was Cormac McLaggen that caught my attention as he flashed me a grin in what I'm guessing was an attempt to he charming.

"What's wrong with Cormac?" I asked Amy, wondering why someone so good looking was still single and hitting on girls during try outs.

"Cormac? Oh he's an ass. Next level entitled and thinks he's irresistible. Basically a Malfoy wannabe," Amy explained and I 'ah'ed in response. That made sense seeing how hard he was trying to get my attention.

It was almost cute how much he tried tk match Draco's smirk and general confidence but it didn't seem to work for him the way he thought it was. Draco had a distinct style that only he pulled off despite being a jackass.

I'd say it amazed me how Draco managed to get the attention he did but as someone who recently agreed to go on a date with the sly enigma, I couldn't really say much.

"He's really into you isn't he," Hermione giggled as we watched Cormac defend the goal and send me a wink as people in the stands cheered.

I didn't give him a response and returned my attention to Ron who was crushing it as a keeper, showing he was clearly right for the role, even if he did cheat.

"Ron's got some real skill," I said, impressed as he dodged a bludger that was shot at his head.

"He doesn't give himself enough credit, he's really quite good!" Hermione said and Amy and I turned to look at her oddly. Could she be more obvious about her crush? Awnser....yes, she could, and Lavender Brown proves it.