Chapter 27 ~ First lessons and first dates

Cold. It was bloody cold. September looked beautiful but my god did Scotland test my patience with it's god damn wind and rain this time of year. The perfect ambience for the way I felt today, starting the first lessons of the year.

I had dropped muggle studies thankfully so i could avoid Alecto but Defense was one of my best subjects, as was potions, so Snape and Amycus were two people I was going to have to avoid pissing off. And with my grouchy mood at the moment, that was going to be hard.

At least Amy was in most of my lessons, except potions as she shared her brothers ability to blow things up accidentally. Draco was continuing with potions I was aware as I was to start tutoring him, even though we had yet to find time to start tutoring. Our original plan had fallen through when Snape told us all we would start lessons right away.

I headed into Transfiguration, thankful to see McGonagalls friendly face in this bleak environment. She made the world a little brighter.

Draco was sat with the other Slytherins; Pansy, Crabbe, Goyle and so on. Blaise however was unapologetically sat with Amy, Seamus and Dean. It was good to see Blaise making friends outside Slytherin.

However, this all meant there wasn't really a seat left for me next next anyone I knew  or any seat left at all in fact.

"Oh, Cassandra, it seems I miscounted the seats dear. I do apologise, I'm a little tired. Can anyone see a spare seat?" She asked the class and most of the students shook their heads.

"She can sit on my lap!" Crabbe shouted out, hooting, and the other Slytherins joined in, causing the rest of the room to grimace.

"Sit on my face if your legs are tired!" A Slytherin called Ralph Lamons said in what I assume was supposed to be a sexy voice but sounded more stuffed up and sick filled.

"There will be no vulgar language in this class! 5 points from Slytherin each!" McGonagall chastised them, knowing she couldn't do more or else Snape would notice and take issue with the lack of house points for his house.

"I'm afraid we need partners for today's spell, and you haven't even got a seat. You can practice with me if you'd like but I'm afraid you wouldn't get the same experience with the spell as I'm more trained," McGonagall apologised and I sighed but agreed with a smile. Better than nothing.

"I'm happy to partner with her," I heard Draco speak up and looked to see he had stood up from his seat.

"And what about your partner, Mr Malfoy? Who will Mr Crabbe work with?" McGonagall asked.

"Crabbe doesn't plan on doing anything this lesson anyways," Draco ratted him out and Crabbe looked pissed but knew at the end of the day McGonagall didn't have the power to force him to do anything.

"Very well then Mr Malfoy, if you can find a spare desk in the storage cabinet for you two then we can get started," McGonagall said, leaving the subject to start the lesson, writing on the board the schematics of today's spell.

"Let's take a look " Draco said to me as he eld the way to the back of the room to find a desk and chairs.

"Why are your friends so vulgar? Surely they repulse you?" I asked, genuinley curious.

"Family friends with titles. It's expected of me to like them and spend time with them. I don't like them though, at least not anymore. Not sure I ever did really but I thought I did when all I believed in was myself and what I wanted. I can't judge them, I was just as bad," he admitted and I kept quiet, feeling sorry for having opened up what was probably a touchy subject for him.

"Well, thanks for saving my butt. I love McGonagall but I'd much rather work with a peer, even if it is you," I joked and he rolled his eyes playfully. He really was alright underneath that first impression.