Chapter 2 - Why is there blood?

"Harry, Draco Malfoy is many things. An ass? Yes. Evil? Probably. But a death eater? Now that's pushing it. I mean he's bloody useless!" I exclaimed. Harry had been telling us about his suspicions around Draco but why Voldemort would need a horny hedonistic little shit in his ranks is a question I'm not sure I wanted answered.

In all honesty, Malfoy was far too useless to become a death eater. Or at least too useless to be one we needed to worry about.

"I'm with Cass on this one, Harry," Hermione said and I smiled at her. I could always trust Hermione to be rational.

"I suppose you're right. I gotta go to the loo but I'll catch you on the platform," Harry said, leaving the compartment but I noticed he took his wand and unless he was about to do something blasphemous in the toilet, he wasn't on his way to the loo at all.

"We won't be seeing him for a while will we?" Amy sighed knowingly and Ron just chuckled, knowing Harry was always up to something.

"I love the guy but he's an idiot sometimes," I said and the others all nodded.

Before long the train pulled into the station and as Harry hadn't returned yet, we got his trunk off the train for him.

We went to get a carriage and started to load our trunks into the back of one.

"Move it along will you? Some of us don't have all night," I heard Malfoy sneer behind us and I turned to glower at him.

"Buzz off," I snapped, climbing into our carriage behind Hermione and took a seat next to Amy and opposite Ron.

Malfoy thankfully got his own carriage with his slytherin pals and other than making snide remarks that he knew we could hear, he didn't try anything too pigheaded.

We arrived at Hogwarts before long and filed into the great hall, taking our seats at the Gryffindor table as Dumbledore introduced the year and the new potions professor, Horace Slughorn. Good name.

We dug in to our food but Hermione was less than impressed with how placid we were.

"Your best friend is missing and you're stuffing your face!" She said, slapping Ron's arm as he chewed on a very full mouth of chicken.

"Oi, look behind you," he mumbled over his food and we all looked towards the large doors to see Harry walking in, his nose dripping blood.

"Who had 'would return with a bloody nose?" I joked, and Amy smirked knowingly at me.

"Sorry guys, ran into some....trouble," Harry said and we looked at him weird, knowing he was hiding something.

"You confronted Malfoy didn't you?" Amy asked and Harry looked away sheepishly.

"Not exactly," he admitted and we all sighed but let him start eating, going back to our own meals.

"Cass,you worried about potions now we have a new professor?" Amy asked and I gave her a questioning look.

"Why would I?" I asked.

"Well it took you ages to gain Snape's approval even though you are clearly the best at potions. Are you worried that this new professor might be just as hard to impress?" She asked.

"Nah, according to Harry he had this Slug Club or whatever for his favourite students and I've already gained an invitation. Hopefully Malfoy hasn't," I pointed out, knowing my biggest competition in potions was Malfoy.

"Not sure who's made it in too," Harry said and we looked at Hermione who sighed before answering.

"Honestly you guys need to pay more attention. Malfoy is a part of the slug club along with Blaise Zabini," Hermione said and we all groaned.