MrCamping361 2.0 - Daddy

My internet friend was drunk messaging me and it is possibly the greatest occurrence ever because he was so hammered the fell in a bush twice while walking home. And he was with a bunch of people and the all crammed into a 5 person car with one person sober to drive, and some hot girl apparently had to sit on his lap and I quote: "You have no clue how hard it is to keep your thing calm when that happens, Madi. No fuckan clue..."

ANYWAY! THIS IS SUCH A FREAKING CUTE IDEA ASDFJAN AND FOR FATHERS DAY TOO. Please excuse my choice of title...

--------------------

- Mitch -

July 23, 2015

"She's beautiful..." I whispered, and looked up into Brayden's eyes. We finally arrived home from the adoption centre, with our new little member.

"Can I see her?" Brayden asked, setting down his cup of coffee. I nodded and gave him a quick kiss before handing him Lauren.

She sleepily opened her big blue eyes. We both smiled, and Brayden mouthed 'hi'. She squealed.

"Mitch, I don't know much about raising a child. Are we cut out for this?" Brayden asked.

"I took a parenting class in grade 11," I offered. He laughed. "Don't worry, babe, I'm sure we'll figure this out."

TIME SKIP

May 12, 2021

"Dad? Can we go outside?" Lauren said. Brayden and I both looked up.

"Sure, honey," Brayden said, standing up.

"No, not you, dad, DAD," she said, emphasizing the second 'dad'. 

"Dad, I'm going to call YOU Dad," Lauren said, pointing at me. I nodded. "And I'm going to call YOU Daddy," Lauren said pointing at Brayden. I snorted, and Brayden gave me a look. I couldn't hold it in and burst out laughing. I could tell Brayden remembered those nights back when we were teenagers too.

"Wha--aat," Lauren said giggling along, without understanding. I laughed even harder then.

"Daddy!" I sputtered, falling out of my chair and onto the living room floor. "Daddy af!" I snorted even harder as I clutched my sides.

"What does that mean?" Lauren said giggling along. At that point Brayden burst out laughing too, and slid onto the floor beside me. We leaned against each other laughing, and Lauren ran and jumped onto our laps, swinging her arms around our necks in a hug.

TIME SKIP

June 27, 2033

Lauren graduating high school brought a tear to my eye. I could still remember first bringing her home from the adoption center. After the ceremony, Brayden and I stood under a tree in front of the school. Brayden slid his arm around my waist and I set my head on his shoulder.

Lauren trotted away from her group of friends to us. She smiled the same way Brayden did when we graduated together. She swung her arms around our necks in a hug.

"I love you guys. Thank you Dad and Daddy," she said, giving us each a kiss on the cheek before returning to her friends.

"Heh," I said. "Daddy..."

--------------------

THIS MAKES ME REAL HAPPY

Leave requests and such

-  Madi