Chapter twenty

The carousel doesn't stop

Because I don't know my own way

When Banner had snapped his fingers, he had yelled out in pain. His arm was burned, and he passed out. The glove fell to the ground as the scientist crumbled to the ground.

"Bruce!" Steve had hurried over to his friend. Clint had kicked the glowing glove out of the way.

Now the building had collapsed. The Avengers had been split up.

Tony walked over to Steve who was lying on the ground, he looked down at him.

"Come on, buddy, wake up!" He kneeled down next to Steve who blinked. Tony looked at him, "That's my man," he spoke and handed the captain his shield. "You lose this again, I'm keeping it." He threatened.

"What happened?" Steve asked.

"You mess with time; it tends to mess back." Tony said. "You'll see." He helped Steve get up and together they found Thor not far away, looking over the ruins. Tony and Steve slowly approached the God.

Down between the ruins the three heroes spotted the Titan. Thanos was sitting on a rock, waiting it seemed like. For what, they didn't know.

"What's he been doing?" Tony asked.

"Absolutely nothing," Thor answered.

"Where are the stones?" Steve asked.

"Somewhere under all this," Tony gesticulated to all of the ruins. "All I know is he doesn't have 'em."

"So, we keep it that way." Steve said.

He stared at the stove. He blinked. Where was Happy? He looked around in the kitchen as he jumped off the barstool.

"Happy?" He asked. How had he left so fast? He had only blinked and then Happy was gone. Were Happy, okay? "Happy?" Percy looked around frantically, he even went as far as to open the fridge that was rather dark inside, to check if he had hidden in there.

"Jarvis?" Percy glanced up at the ceiling. No AI responded. He looked around. The kitchen looked empty. He ran into the living room. Or what used to be the living room. There was no furniture in there anymore. "No," Percy breathed. He quickly turned around and ran down the hallway, he stopped in the doorway to Tony's room. The bed was gone. The desk too. It was empty. Percy let out a shaky breath as he ran down to his own room. He pushed the door open and stopped in the doorway. His heart raced in his chest. His eyes scanned the dark room. His bed was gone. The light blue wallpaper Tony had put up. His desk was gone. All his personal belongings. He walked over to the build in closet and opened it. All his clothes were gone. The soap, toothpaste and toothbrush in the bathroom was gone. His hands pulled at his hair. Were they all gone. How had they moved everything so fast?

He walked back into the living room, the whole tower felt empty. It was odd not to be able to speak to Jarvis. Why had no one told him he was leaving? Even his pancake was gone. He stood in the middle of the empty living room and stared out at New York City. Nothing had seemed to change.

Out of the corner of his eye he saw orange sparks. He turned his head and the orange sparks turned into a sparkling circle. He frowned. He searched his pants for his familiar pen and held it tightly.

A man in a cloak walked out of what seemed to be a portal.

"Percy Jackson," The man looked at him.

Percy narrowed his eyes. "That's me," he confirmed.