Chapter four

Why do something that makes you regret it

When you're alone with no one to spend it

The woman in front of him looked at him with bright blue eyes and a big smile. She wore a black shirt, and her blonde hair was tied up in a bun. She had dark brown tone lipstick on and some brown eyeshadow. It fit her perfectly.

Percy was sitting in front of her, with a table between them. He was wearing his bloody jeans and t-shirt he had been wearing at the apartment. He stared at the woman. Her smile seemed out of place. Why was she smiling? There was nothing to smile for. Everyone he loved was gone. It didn't help that the officers found out that his mom had been pregnant when she had died. It made Percy feel even more terrible.

He tuned back into the conversation only to get confused.

"...is here in an hour, and then when he has signed the papers, you'll be able to live with him until you turn eighteen." The woman said.

Percy frowned in confusion. "What?" He asked. His voice was hoarse from crying and his eyes were swollen and red.

She smiled at him; couldn't she stop smiling? "You will have to live with your uncle until you turn eighteen, that is of course if he signs the papers. If not, then you will be placed in an orphanage." She explained.

"I don't have an uncle." He told her with a low voice. He didn't have an uncle. Only the Gods, but they would never adopt him. But if he really had a mortal uncle, then why hadn't he met him before? Why had his mom kept it from him? Tears appeared in his sea green eyes of the thought of his passed mother.

"He is a..." The woman was interrupted by a knock on the door and a brown head peeped inside.

"Hello Mrs. Lorissa." The man greeted her with a smile then looked at Percy and nodded, "Kid," He greeted.

"Hi," Mrs. Lorissa smiled. "What can I help you with?"

"There's a man out there asking for permission to see Perseus Jackson." The man said. Lorissa nodded and said he could just bring the man in. She looked to Percy and smiled.

Percy fiddled with his hands and looked down. He heard the door open again and Mrs. Lorissa stood up.

"Hello Mr. Stark," she greeted the man. "Please have a seat."

"Sure thing." The male said and sat down on the chair next to Percy. He glanced up at Mr. Stark. He had brown greyish hair and a goatee. He wore dark sunglasses, a black shirt, black jeans, and some ridiculous shiny shoes.

Mrs. Lorissa sat back down again and smiled. Percy wanted to wipe that stupid smile off her face. Percy could smell the woman's perfume and the male's cologne. It made him want to gag.

"Okay Perseus. This is Tony Stark, he's your uncle. And Mr. Stark, this is your nephew Perseus Jackson." Mrs. Lorissa presented them for each other.

"Nice meeting you kid." The man said and held out a hand. Percy glanced at it and didn't show any signs of taking his hand in the near future, so he slowly let the hand fall.

"Okay, so Mr. Stark, I need you to sign these papers to get full custody of Perseus Jackson until he turns eighteen." Mrs. Lorissa handed him a small stack of papers. His uncle quickly grabbed a pen and quickly signed them all. "Great," she smiled. "That was basically it. Now, Perseus' stuff is out in the lobby so you can take it on the way out." She told Percy's now adoptive father or whatever that contract made him. Tony Stark stood up and Percy slowly followed.

"Feel free to call us if you have any questions in relation to the contract or other information." The woman smiled. Tony nodded and opened the door for Percy who walked out.

They walked out in the lobby and Percy picked up his small bag, it was just his backpack he used for school.

"Come on kiddo." Tony said and walked outside and over to a nice black car. Tony opened the boot, so Percy could throw his bag in, but the teenager didn't move. He stared at the pavement and hugged his bag. Tony sighed and closed the boot again, then opened the door to the passenger seat. Percy sat down in the seat and buckled himself in. Tony walked around the car and got into the driver's seat. Then they drove off into the night.

----

In honor of my birthday you get another chapter :DD