Chapter twelve

And I can't breathe and I can't think

I can speak, but it don't matter because nobody listens anyways

"WHAT?!" Tony's voice rang out. He stared at the ceiling. "He's what?!"

"Perseus has left the building, sir." Jarvis - Tony's AI - repeated calmly.

"And you didn't alarm me when he had just left? But only sixty minutes after?" Tony asked and crossed his arms.

"Perseus told me to not tell unless you asked." Jarvis informed the genius who groaned.

"Great, I've lost my nephew. Did he say where he was going?"

"No, sir."

"Can you scan the city and look at camera footage, to see where he's headed?" Tony asked.

"Yes sir." Jarvis said.

Tony sighed and dragged a hand down his face. He stood up and walked out of his lab. All he could do was inform the other Avengers about this. He was getting tired of this. He knew he had messed up when he was talking with Percy, but he thought the kid would stay if Tony left. Apparently not.

Tony powerwalked into the living room of the Avengers tower and slammed picked up the TV remote and turned off the TV, causing Clint and Bruce to complain. Tony turned to his fellow friends and put the remote down.

"We have a problem." He proclaimed.

"No shit! You turned off the TV!" Clint complained loudly.

The billionaire shook his head. "No. Percy has left the building." He dropped the news to his friends.

"What?" Bruce asked, a worried expression fell on his face. "He can't leave, not in the condition he's in."

"I know, that's why I'm telling you guys, I've already got Jarvis to-" 

"Sir, I have found a match on facial scans regarding young Perseus." Jarvis interrupted the billionaire.

"Where is he?" Steve asked from his chair and put his book down on the table next to him.

"He was spotted near Central Park, though he entered a cab an hour ago, heading south-east." The AI informed the Avengers.

"Is there a camera in the vehicle? Or a microphone so we can listen in?" Natasha spoke up.

"There is no cameras inside the vehicle, Ms. Romanoff. Though there is a phone inside the vehicle, I could hack into its microphone if you'd like?" Jarvis asked.

"Yes! Do that Jarvis!" Tony yelled desperately.

"Yes sir."

"... headed so far out?" The chauffeur's voice came out of the ceiling. "Why?"

"Why do you need to know?" Came Percy's cold answer.

They could only imagine the driver shrug. "Just curious, chill out man."

"Jarvis, trace the call, see if we can get a pin on where they are. They must still be in the city." Tony ordered his AI.

"Yes sir." Jarvis' voice spoke.

"What do we do when we find out where they are?" Clint asked.

Tony shrugged. "Follow them? Or stop them? I'm not sure. I just want Percy to be safe."

Steve nodded. "I think we should wait and see where he's headed. Listen in on the conversation, see if we can get anything from that. Then when Jarvis has found a location, we move in and ask Percy if he wants to come back with us."