Chapter two

Life is just a carousel and one day it stops

So what's the point in trying to get to the top

It had been seven days since he had heard the news. A week. A week he had survived without her. How he had managed to do so, he had no idea.

He laid in his bed staring at the ceiling as he waited. The door to the Poseidon cabin opened and Percy tilted his head to look at who was entering. Will walked inside and closed the door after him. He looked at Percy with sad eyes.

"Good morning." He said and smiled. The smile never reached his eyes. Percy just stared at him. Will swallowed and walked over to him and opened for the straps so Percy could sit up. "Breakfast is ready." He spoke softly to the son of Poseidon. "Come on." He said and pulled Percy up in a sitting position. "You got to go to breakfast, Perce."

Percy looked up at him. He wasn't moving an inch. Will walked over to Percy's shelf and opened it, he rooted for some pants and a shirt, then he walked back over to Percy and held it out.
"Here." he said. Percy looked at the clothes with a helpless expression. He hadn't changed his clothes the whole week. He hadn't had the energy to do so. He didn't even have a reason to change clothes anymore. She was gone. Ever since he had woken up, he had been devoid for emotions. His wound on his side had already healed, but the wounds on his soul hadn't. Ambrosia couldn't heal the soul.

Will sighed and put the clothes next to Percy on the bed. "Let's go then." He said and reached out a hand. Percy didn't move. Will looked at him with a sad expression and slowly took Percy's hand and pulled him up. Percy swayed slightly and followed Will over to the door. Will put Percy's crocs in front of him and he stuck his feet in them. Then the son of Apollo opened the door and softly dragged Percy outside. He squinted his eyes, his eyes not yet being used to the sharp light, from being in a dark cabin.

Will got Percy to the Dining Pavilion and dropped him off at the Poseidon table. Percy slumped down and looked at the plate that was placed in front of him. He didn't feel like eating. He looked at the grapes, bread, and cheese on his plate. It made his stomach turn. And not in a good way.

Jason and Piper sat down on each side of him. "Come on Percy." Jason smiled sadly and patted his back. "You've got to eat." He said in a worried tone. He received a shrug as an answer. Jason looked over Percy's low head to Piper. 

"Yes," Piper said, her hand was stroking his back softly. Like how Annabeth used to... A small sob escaped Percy's throat. "It's okay, Percy." Piper spoke softly to him, trying to soothe the young hero. But it wasn't okay. Nothing was okay. Annabeth was gone. It should have been him. Not her. It was unfair. How could Piper and Jason still be together? Why couldn't it have been Piper who had died? Then Percy would have been happy. He would still have had Annabeth.

"No eat something, just a bit, okay?" Jason said. "You need the food." Percy stared at his plate. He didn't want the food. He didn't want it. He just wanted to die. He wanted to join Annabeth. He wanted to hold her in his arms. He wanted to kiss her lips. To touch her hair. To look into her sparkling gray eyes.

Percy slowly picked up the fork and poked to a grape. He knew he had to eat something if he wanted them to leave him alone. He poked a grape and put the fork up to his mouth. He opened his mouth and chewed on the grape. It tasted like cardboard and made him want to gag.

"There you go." Piper smiled and removed her hand from Percy's back. Percy swallowed the grape, and it took him all his willpower to not throw it back up again.

"So... What do you guys want to do today? Leo is working on some upgrades on Festus and Hazel and Frank are at Camp Jupiter. We're basically the only one's here, so what-do-ya want to do today?" Jason asked excitedly, trying to get Percy's attention. Percy just shrugged and poked to a grape that rolled away on the plate.