Chapter 5- I love you, My Rani Sa

Zacznij od początku

Suddenly everything went silent and everybody stood from their place. I peeked from my veil to see Hukum coming downstairs, in all his glory.

As he came near the hall everybody bowed down and I too followed them but stopped midair hearing him.

"Never bow down, Rani Sa."

"I'm king of this realm but you are my queen. You hold a higher position than anyone else. Higher than me." He said and I lifted my head, turned to the side, and tried to see him from my veil, only to see him gazing at me intensely.

He slowly walked near me and lifted the veil from my face only for us to hear several gaps.

"Maharaj....." his father tried to speak but stopped when Hukum glared at him.

"A queen should never hide behind any veil." He said while looking at me.

"Hukum, it's our tradition." I shifted my eyes from him and said. 

"You will not hide your face. Weak kings didn't want people to see their wives as they couldn't protect their wives. They always wanted their wives to stay behind the cotton and follow in their footsteps but I want my wife to walk in front of me, guide me into our life, and correct me when I'm wrong. I want you to show me the right path." He said, making me shocked. Well not only me but everyone present in the hall.

He sat in his place and told me to serve him.

I made various types of dishes and two sweets. I made the food a bit spicy as Maa told me that Hukum loves spicy food.

It was true. He ate to his containment and stood up from his seat. He grabbed my right wrist and pulled me, no dragged me like a rag doll with him.

Now what have I done?

I looked behind to see Maa looking at us with tension.

After walking for a few minutes he pulled me inside his room and pushed me on the bed.

I quickly jumped out of bed and stood there with my hands behind me and my head bowed down.

"What did I say downstairs?" he said in a stern voice.

I choose not to answer in fear.

"Look at me. Didn't I say never bow down?" he said

"LOOK AT ME." He shouted and I lifted my head. Tears gather in my eyes.

He started to run his fingers on his hair, angrily. Jaw clenched.  

"What did you call me downstairs?" he asked looking into my eyes. I gulped in fear seeing his red eyes.

"Hu.. Hukum." I said as I was scared. Looks like his BEAST mood is on.

"I'm not your HUKUM." He said, his sound full of anger, his breath uneven.

"Maharaj?" I said. I noticed every family member of his addressing him like this. I think he is angry as I didn't call him Maharaj just like others.

But oh boy, I was wrong.

"RANA SA" he growled.

"You will address me as Rana Sa or Ranvijay is even better. Rani Sa."

I looked at him. My eyes were wide open and my lips parted.

"Come, let me give you a tour of our chamber." He said and turned around when I asked what I should have never asked.

"Why?" I whispered but he heard me.

"What?" he turned around and asked me with confusion on his face.