Day 23/24 - Book Swap (Blake Belladonna x Reader)

Blake is the last RWBY character I promise! Just one more oneshot left till Christmas and I still haven't finished buying presents for my family 😅

———————————————————

Blakes fingers ghost the spines of the various books along the bookshelves. Her eyes skim the titles but can't find just one that stands out.

She sighs slightly, "How am I supposed to pick just one book?" Blake rhetorically asks.

(Y/N) gets an idea from Blake's predicament. "How about you don't pick?" She suggests.

Blake turns towards her confused. "What do you mean?"

"Well you will pick a book, just not for yourself." (Y/N) clarifies.

That doesn't answer anything and Blake still looks incredibly confused. "I'm still not following, (Y/N)."

"We can do a book swap!" (Y/N) suggests with a bright smile.

Blake smiles a little as well, mainly due to (Y/N)'s energetic state. "That actually sounds like a great idea.

Both girls disappear into different parts of the bookstore, this time looking for someone other than themselves. Blake smiles as she grabs one that she has heard of but hasn't gotten the chance to read herself.

(Y/N) appears behind her, holding a small novel in her hand with a smile on her face.

Blake accepts the book with a curious smile. "And for you," she says, handing (Y/N) a different book, "a classic with a touch of magic. I hope you like it."

They settle into plush chairs with their chosen books and steaming mugs of coffee. The cosy atmosphere of the bookstore cocoons them as they delve into the worlds held within the pages.

(Y/N) finds herself engrossed in the tale Blake had chosen. The characters come to life, and she loses track of time as she turns the pages. Every now and then, she glances up, catching glimpses of Blake immersed in her own chosen adventure. Eventually though, her small glances turn into a longing stare.

(Y/N) keeps her eyes on Blake, admiring how relaxed Blake seems in such a familiar setting. Despite being engrossed in her book, Blake can't ignore the nagging feeling in the back of her head. Her faunus ears twitch as she looks up, locking eyes with (Y/N)."

"What?" Blake questions, raising an eyebrow in confusion.

(Y/N)'s smile grows a little bit more. "Nothing in particular. I just think that you're really pretty."

Blake rolls her eyes in response but still has to use her book to hide her growing blush.

It didn't take long for both of them to finish their books but the sun had already begun to set by the time they did. The night air outside is crisp, the sun setting in the distance. (Y/N) and Blake walk away from the bookstore, hands entwined, with their new books in hand.

———————————————————

Officially the shortest one so sorry bout that but the regular updates make up for it so not really that sorry about it.

As usual I hope that you're all having a bloody amazing day/night/whatever time you're reading. You all better be getting enough sleep, drinking enough water and most importantly of all, staying positive.

That's all from me so I'll see ya later mates 😁