Day 1/2 - Ice Skating (Gwen Stacy x Reader)

Welcome to day one of my 25/12 days of Christmas series. I didn't manage to finish a full 25 oneshots so it's only really 12 days.

Every second day till Christmas I'll be posting a new Christmas inspired oneshot so get ready for consistent uploads!!!!

I'm using my own prompts with a very diverse range of some of my favourite comfort characters. The oneshots might not be explicitly Christmas themed but will definitely have that kind of winter holiday vibe.

The length and quality of these oneshots will vary greatly so be prepared.

Spider Gwen will forever be my favourite Spiderman/woman. Also FYI I cannot ice skate to save my life! My friend had to hold my hand the entire time cause I kept falling flat on my ass.

———————————————————

Despite the sun having set hours ago, the square was bright with lights and cheer. Crowds of couples, families and friends cover the outdoor ice rink as people of all ages enjoy the holiday activity.

Gwen and (Y/N) are among that crowd, sitting together overlooking the ice preparing to start skating. Gwen couldn't be more excited while (Y/N) couldn't be more terrified.

The grin on Gwen's face rivals the lights that illuminate the ice rink. "C'mon, (Y/N), it'll be fun!"

The expression on (Y/N)'s face is the complete opposite. "I already told you, Gwen. I can't skate."

"And I already told you that I'm more than happy to teach you." Gwen reminds her, finishing putting her skates on and standing up.

"I just don't want to fall flat on my ass." (Y/N) mutters.

"I promise that you won't," Gwen reassured her, taking another few steps towards the rink entrance. "Here, hold my hand to stay steady."

The second Gwen makes the suggestion, (Y/N) latches onto her hand clearly showing just how nervous she is. Gwen smirks at her reaction but doesn't comment, slowly pulling (Y/N) behind her onto the ice.

"We'll start slow, ok?" Gwen suggests, trying to hide her laugh after seeing (Y/N)'s state.

"sounds good to me." (Y/N) responds but her entire focus is on her feet, terrified of falling over.

Her foot slips and she almost falls over, a small shriek being heard. Thankfully Gwen got there first, wrapping an arm around (Y/N)'s waist to hold her upright.

"I don't like this," (Y/N) mutters, seemingly frozen atop the ice. "What if I fall?"

Gwen tightens her hold around (Y/N)'s waist and looks her dead in the eyes. "I'll never let you fall. Trust me."

(Y/N) nods slightly and a small smile appears on her lips. "Ok. I trust you."

Still nervous but slightly more sure of herself, (Y/N) takes a deep breath and attempts to skate forward.

She loses her footing again and her grip on Gwen's hand tightens to the point it would hurt any normal person. Gwen quickly turns to help steady her and smiles as she sees (Y/N) managing to steady herself.

Carefully, (Y/N) pushed off with one foot, barely moving forward but still holding steady. Slowly but surely, her strides become slightly more coordinated and she actually manages to move forward. But her grip on Gwen's hand never wavers.

Gwen smiles at her small success. "See? It's not so bad. You'll be a pro in no time."

(Y/N) gave a small glare but took another step regardless. "Don't you dare let go of my hand, Gwen."

"I won't, I won't, I promise." Gwen chuckles, squeezing their hands in reassurance.

It doesn't take much longer for (Y/N) to finish getting the hang of it. Each step becomes steadier and she moves a little further with each stride. Every now and then she falters slightly but Gwen is right there to make sure she doesn't fall.

"You know what? This wasn't as bad as I thought it would be." (Y/N) speaks up as the two slowly skate side by side.

"I told you," Gwen gloats, swinging their hands a little. "You just needed time to get the hang of it."

"Yes time," (Y/N) agrees. "And an amazing girlfriend who showed me how." she compliments, bringing their intertwined hands up and placing a soft kiss on Gwen's palm.

Gwen responds by dropping (Y/N)'s hand in favour of wrapping her arm around her waist, placing a soft kiss on (Y/N)'s cheek. "And I promise many more lessons to come."

———————————————————

As usual I hope that you're all having a bloody amazing day/night/whatever time you're reading. You all better be getting enough sleep, drinking enough water and most importantly of all, staying positive.

That's all from me so I'll see ya later mates 😁