Moonlight's Love (Ruby x Penny)

I desperately needed to post something so here is a short thing I wrote for an English descriptive writing assignment which I based off of the ship Nuts and Dolts from RWBY.

———————————————————

The soft whistling of a midnight breeze creates a euphonious melody throughout the room. Despite the late hour, the world was not yet shrouded in darkness, instead basked in a light mystical mist, creating waves of dancing shadows along the walls. Two figures reside within the confined space, drowning in the unique features of one another. The wind brings an aroma of roses and life through the dim room, adding a hint of colour to the girl's senses. The taller of the two runs her hands over her partner's soft cheek, a smile spreading across her face as she does. Her unkempt black hair seems to blend perfectly into coloured tips of red like roses on a summer's day. Her silver eyes perfectly compliment the moon's light but provide a stark contrast to her dark roots. A sliver of moonlight reflects off of her dark red tipped hair, making it shine as bright as the full moon that hangs in the sky. She has such an effervescent nature, compelling the taller girl to lose herself in the smile of another. The smaller one finds herself becoming utterly mesmerised by the appearance of her counterpart. The way her orange hair and bright smile contrast the dark and provide a light brighter than the sun itself. The way that her freckles hold an entire milky way of stars, entire constellations bridging her nose. The way that her enchanting green eyes hold no malice or hatred, reflecting the beautiful kind hearted girl who owns them. The way she just looks...

Perfect.

As their eyes meet, every cliche of finding true love is proven right. Silence falls over the two as they stare into each other's eyes. Bright, brilliant and beautiful silver meets the most magical, soft and loving green. This prolonged silence would be seen as undesirable to most, but at this moment, it seems to be the most comforting thing in the world. No words are spoken. Not a sound is heard other than the steady beat of a girl's heart that is filled with love for the one in front of her. Neither girl makes any move to disrupt the peace, both of them attempting to navigate the labyrinth of emotions that plagues their hearts and minds. By some miracle, they both reach the end of their internal journeys at the same time. A new spark is found in their eyes as they begin to move towards one another, seemingly being pulled closer by an other worldly force. The air has an aura of comfort to it, it was all enveloping, yet gentle. It is an unknown feeling to the orange haired girl, she welcomes it nonetheless. There is no space separating them, two forms becoming one in an embrace of affection and enchantment. As they lean impossibly closer, they can't help but ponder the question. Do hugs always make you feel this warm inside?

That gentle warmth soon develops into a burning sensation, almost as if a raging inferno had made its home within their chests. The two remain together, the comforting blanket of silence encasing them, providing an extra layer of protection which keeps them separated from the outside world. Silvery eyes gleam with adoration and contentment as they gaze down at their other half. It doesn't take long for the stillness to be interrupted by the sounds of soft snoring. The two remain in peaceful bliss, the simple knowledge that they are together here is all that matters.

———————————————————

It's short but it got me the A+ so it's gotta be worth something.

As usual I hope that you're all having a bloody amazing day/night/whatever time you're reading. You all better be getting enough sleep, drinking enough water and most importantly of all, staying positive.

That's all from me so I'll see ya later mates 😁