Day 15/16 - Snowball Fight (Ruby Rose x Reader)

The third member of team RWBY makes an appearance! Now all that's left is a Blake oneshot!

———————————————————

Two pairs of footsteps trail through the thin layer of snow atop the paths of Beacon Academy. A girl with a bright red hood rubs her eyes and lets out a yawn, clearly unpleased about having to wake up so early for school so close to the holidays.

The other girl rolls her eyes at her friends behaviour, simply enjoying the feeling of fresh snow landing gently on her face.

Stretching one last time, Ruby glances down and noticed her untied laces. "Wait up, (Y/N), I've got to tie my shoe."

"Sure thing, Rubes." (Y/N) answers, stopping walking but not turning back to face her.

Ruby finishes tying her shoe but doesn't stand up right away. She picks up a handful of snow and lets it trickle through her fingers. Looking up at an unsuspecting (Y/N), Ruby has a brilliant idea.

"Hey, (Y/N), catch!" Ruby calls out, her arm swinging through the air as she launches the snowball.

(Y/N) turns towards the sound of Ruby's voice but before she can even register Ruby's comment she is greeted by a explosion of snow in her face. (Y/N) stands in shock for a few seconds, feeling the slight sting of the cold and impact.

Ruby can't wipe the grin off her face, holding her hand in front of her mouth in an attempt to hide her giggling. She bends over slightly, clutching her stomach as she breaks into full on laughter.

"You should see the look on your face! You look ridiculous—" Ruby's laughter is quickly cut off.

She wipes the snow off her face and sees (Y/N) standing with a smirk on her face and another snow ball in her hand, ready to throw.

"You were saying, Rose?" (Y/N) taunts, letting her book bag drop into the snow.

"Oh it is so on!" Ruby exclaims, quickly using her semblance to rush to cover, barely avoiding (Y/N)'s throw.

It doesn't take long for their classes to be forgotten and their uniforms to be coated in snow. Both girls trade blows of snowball after snowball until they're both out of breath.

(Y/N) ends up being lightly tackled by Ruby and the two roll through the snow, coming to a stop with Ruby laying on top of (Y/N).

The two remain in the position for a second, slightly embarrassed before they both burst into laughter. Ruby places a soft kiss on (Y/N)'s nose and rolls off of her. They stay on the ground, laying in the soft, fresh snow.

"What are you two dolts doing?!" The voice of one Weiss Schnee interrupts their fun.

Ruby and (Y/N) instantly freeze and turn towards Weiss. She was standing there, arms crossed and tapping her foot impatiently.

"Umm..." Ruby mumbles, sitting up and rubbing the back of her neck. "Having a snowball fight?"

Weiss rubs the bridge of her nose and lets out a sigh. "You're going to be late for class if you don't get a move on. Hurry Up!"

The two girls watch Weiss storm off before turning back to each other. They instantly break into laughter once again, slowly standing up and using each other to remain steady.

They both pick up their bags and reluctantly head towards their first class. Still covered in snow as they walk side by side, hand in hand.

———————————————————

As usual I hope that you're all having a bloody amazing day/night/whatever time you're reading. You all better be getting enough sleep, drinking enough water and most importantly of all, staying positive.

That's all from me so I'll see ya later mates 😁