Day 7/8 - Christmas Carols (Winter Schnee x Reader)

Welcome back to another day of Christmas fluff, this time for my favourite Ice Queen! I absolutely LOVE Christmas music and I feel like I've made that pretty obvious in this oneshot.

———————————————————

Winter had had a tiring day. Hours of training, planning combat strategies and carrying out missions had left the woman desperate for a night of peace and quiet. The last thing she wanted was to be forced to listen to never ending Christmas music in her own home.

Unfortunately for her, (Y/N) had other plans.

Before she even reached her apartment door she could clearly hear All I Want For Christmas Is You playing inside. Her girlfriend always had a large attachment to Christmas and wanted to start celebrating the day after Halloween. Overall, Winter found her childish obsession adorable but the Christmas songs were the one thing she couldn't handle.

Taking a deep breath, she opened the door and the volume of the music seemed to double. She placed her weapon near the door and moved into the kitchen where (Y/N) was standing in front of the oven.

Winter moved behind her and wrapped her arms around her waist, placing her chin on the other girl's shoulder.

(Y/N) doesn't tense at the unexpected touch, recognising her girlfriends hold instantly. "Bad day?"

Winter doesn't answer with words, instead burying her head in the crook of (Y/N)'s neck. "It would be a lot better if you stopped playing Mariah Carey."

(Y/N) responded with a small scoff "No can do, Schnee. Be thankful I at least waited until December this year."

Today was (Y/N)'s day off from Huntsman duties which meant that she was in charge of cooking dinner. It's just Winter's luck that (Y/N) couldn't focus on her cooking without background music and Winter knew better than to upset the cook.

Winter groaned in response, snuggling into (Y/N) even more. "Can you at least turn it down? I need a nap before dinner."

(Y/N) turned around within Winter's hold, placing her hands on Winter's cheeks. "Of course," she agrees. "I'll wake you up when dinner's ready." placing a soft kiss to her forehead.

———————————————————

The next morning started as any other would. Wake up at 5:30, take a shower, get dressed and have a ridiculous amount of coffee to survive the day. It didn't take long for (Y/N)'s love of Christmas music to make itself known once more. It started with a soft hum but quickly grew to her belting out full lyrics of various songs.

(Y/N) finishes pouring her mug and practically glides across the kitchen. "♪ Last Christmas I gave you my heart. But the very next day you gave it away ♪"

Winter looked up from her coffee, glaring at the other woman. "(Y/N), it is 6 in the morning. Please stop singing Christmas songs."

"But I love Christmas songs." (Y/N) replies instantly, continuing to sing and dance around their kitchen.

Taking another sip from her coffee she reiterates her point. "Let's make this clearer. If you do not stop singing that song, I will end you."

(Y/N) rolls her eyes. "Fine, fine, I'll stop singing that song."

She saw straight through Skyla's attempted work around, her glare hardening as she placed her mug on the counter. "You wouldn't dare."

The grin on (Y/N)'s face grew larger and larger by the second, seemingly fueled by her partner's annoyance.

(Y/N) placed her mug on the counter. "Oh yes I would," In one motion, she picked Winter up bridal style and began spinning her around. "♪ Make my wish come true ♪"

"Put me down this instant!" Winter orders, her arms flailing around but making no real effort to break free.

(Y/N) slows down their spinning and leans her face close to Winter's "♪ Oh, baby, all I want for Christmas is you ♪" she finishes the note, brushing their noses together.

"You're impossible." Winter attempts to keep a straight face, a small blush and grin betraying her.

"Impossibly in love with you." the grin on her face growing impossibly brighter.

Winter can't help rolling her eyes "You're such a sap." she commented before closing the gap between the two.

———————————————————

Day four down, 21 more to go! Get ready for even more Christmas gayness tomorrow!

As usual I hope that you're all having a bloody amazing day/night/whatever time you're reading. You all better be getting enough sleep, drinking enough water and most importantly of all, staying positive.

That's all from me so I'll see ya later mates 😁