Day 11/12 - The Perfect Gift (Weiss Schnee x Reader)

Time for a oneshot about my second favourite Ice Queen.

———————————————————

Weiss can't help but pace across the room. She's gotten herself so worked up about tonight that she feels like she's going to explode. Tonight is Christmas Eve and her and (Y/N) had already planned ahead of time that they would trade gifts tonight.

The only problem is that Weiss hasn't found a gift for (Y/N). She'd spend countless hours across countless days searching for the perfect gift but everything fell short. Weiss has no doubt that (Y/N) has the most thoughtful gift in the world and that just made her feel worse.

The door to their shared room slowly creaks open and Weiss instantly stops dead in her tracks. (Y/N) pokes her head through the door, a smile overtaking her features when she spots Weiss. She quickly glides across the room, wrapping Weiss in a hug.

(Y/N)'s smile covers her entire face when she pulls away from the hug. "Merry Christmas, Weiss."

Weiss tries to match her smile but her guilt is eating her alive. "Merry Christmas..."

(Y/N) instantly recognises the lowliness in Weiss' tone and immediately worries what's wrong.

(Y/N) laces their hands together and leans closer again. "Weiss? What's wrong?

Weiss doesn't look up at (Y/N). "I..."

"Hey... talk to me." (Y/N) prompts, worry filling her eyes as she tries to catch Weiss' gaze.

"It's about your gift..." She trails off, tears beginning to brim her eyes. "I Didn't get you anything..."

"Oh."

Hearing (Y/N)'s empty response, Weiss drops her hands and storms off, taking a seat on the bed. "I tried so hard to get you the perfect present but I couldn't find anything!"

"Wiess..."

Weiss doesn't hear her, still stuck in her own head. Tears threaten to spill as she hugs herself, trying to look anywhere but at (Y/N). "I'm so sorry, (Y/N). I know how important Christmas is to you–."

"Weiss!"

The white haired girl is quick to shut her mouth, caught off guard by (Y/N)'s sudden increase in volume.

"(Y/N)?"

(Y/N) doesn't say anything at first, simply standing up and moving across the room. She uses her scroll to play soft music, a peaceful melody being heard by only the two of them. Returning to Weiss, (Y/N) simply holds her hand out for Weiss to take.

"Dance with me."

Weiss wipes the tears from her eyes "What?" she questions, confused by (Y/N)'s reaction.

The smile on (Y/N)'s face grows. "You heard me. Dance with me, Weiss." she offers again, moving her outreached hand even closer.

Weiss motions to take a hold of (Y/N)'s hand but stops before she does. She looks into (Y/N)'s eyes and sees nothing but love and understanding within them. (Y/N)'s smile has the strange ability to force Weiss' own smile to grow.

The white haired girl finally accepts (Y/N)'s outstretched hand, allowing herself to be pulled up. (Y/N) carefully guided Weiss' hands to her shoulders and placed her own on Weiss' waist. They hold each other close, Weiss tightening her hold around (Y/N), burying her face into the crook of her neck.

Weiss pulls away just enough so her voice isn't muffled but doesn't meet (Y/N)'s eyes. "I don't understand. I didn't even end up getting you anything, why are you so happy?"

(Y/N) moves her hand to hold Weiss' face. "Weiss, you didn't need to get me anything. You got me the best gift in the world by just being here with me. What more could I possibly ask for?" She rhetorically asks, gently rubbing her thumb across her cheek.

Weiss happily leans into (Y/N)'s touch "That was incredibly cheesy, but thank you." a small blush covers her cheek as she attempts to hide her growing smile.

A small smirk appeared on (Y/N)'s face after seeing Weiss' reaction. "Besides, the only thing I wanted for Christmas was to be with you."

Weiss doesn't respond with words but can't help her own smile from growing impossibly larger. The two remain close together, holding each other as they slowly sway along with the music. Weiss' previous worries melted away like the morning snow, brightened by the rising sun.

When the song finally comes to an end and the two pull away, there is nothing but love on either of their faces. (Y/N)'s hands remain on Weiss' waist and Weiss' remains on (Y/N)'s shoulders.

After a few moments of silence (Y/N) finally speaks up. "You are the perfect gift in the world, Weiss."

Weiss first responds with a soft kiss, pulling away almost as soon as she'd closed the distance. "Then I can promise you that you'll get it every single Christmas to come."

———————————————————

As usual I hope that you're all having a bloody amazing day/night/whatever time you're reading. You all better be getting enough sleep, drinking enough water and most importantly of all, staying positive.

That's all from me so I'll see ya later mates 😁