Day 3/4 - Snow Day (Callum x Reader)

Believe me when I say that I am just surprised as you are that I wrote about Callum before his girlfriend but here we are.

———————————————————

The door to the high mage's chamber is thrown open with little care to the disruption it causes. Callum jumps at the disruption and turns towards the entrance. (Y/N) marches into the room and stands next to his desk, arms crossed and glaring down at him.

"Up you get, we've got sparing to do." (Y/N) demands, leaning against the desk.

"No." Callum simply dips his quill in ink again and goes back to writing.

Taken aback by his bluntness. "What do you mean, no!?"

"I mean no, you wanna hear that in Elven?" he responds sassily, smiling at his own joke.

(Y/N)'s confident demeanour was all but broken when a small pout covered her face. "But you promised that you'd help me with sparing practice seeing as Soren isn't here."

Callum gives a small sympathetic smile and gestures towards the window. "(Y/N), look outside, it's snowing."

True to his word, the courtyard view is coated in a thick white blanket and the clouds above seem content in making that blanket thicker by the minute.

"A little snow never hurt anyone, that won't get you out of your promise." (Y/N) scoffed a little, tapping her foot in irritation.

"There's no way I'm going out in that weather. You're more than welcome to try, though." Callum challenges, returning back to his spell book.

(Y/N) huffs in annoyance, marching out of the office. Callum doesn't react, simply remaining in his seat as the sound of (Y/N)'s footsteps disappear down the hallway. It's only about two minutes later that the sound of her footsteps return.

(Y/N) throws the door open, covered head to toe in a layer of snow. She wastes no time in moving to the couch and wrapping herself in a hundred blankets, attempting to stop shivering from the cold.

"Not a word." She grumbles, hugging her knees to her chest.

Callum smiles at the sight and closes his book. "Look at the bright side, (Y/N)." She looks up at him with a raised eyebrow. "Snowy weather means it's the perfect time to read ancient historical texts!" he cheers, throwing her a scroll.

(Y/N) catches it with ease but makes no effort to read it. "In what way is that a bright side?"

Callum begins to make a pile of books and scrolls and places them on the table in front of (Y/N). "You'd be helping your favourite mage ever discover the secrets of the arcanums."

(Y/N) rolls her eyes and opens the scrolls. Her eyes skim over the words but she doesn't really absorb them. "Still don't see how that's a bright side."

"It's a bright side because..." He trails off, being interrupted by a soft knock on the door. Callum rushes over to the door and opens it to reveal a guard holding a plate of hot cocoa. "We get to drink hot cocoa while we read." Callum takes a seat next to (Y/N) on the couch and hands her one of the mugs.

(Y/N) graciously takes the mug, breathing in the chocolatey good smell it gives off. "You're a lot smarter than I give you credit for, Callum." she smirks, taking a sip.

"Ouch."

The slight smirk on (Y/N)'s face grows as she elbows him playfully. "So tell me about the new spells you're working on."

Callum wastes no time in info dumping about every single spell he's ever read about. From theories of lost primal stones to new rune spells he wants to try, he happily taught (Y/N) all of it.

As the hours blew by faster than the raging storm beyond the warmth of the castle (Y/N) finally admits that maybe snow days aren't the worst thing in the world. That is if she gets to spend them with her favourite mage ever. (That's Callum if you couldn't tell).

———————————————————

As usual I hope that you're all having a bloody amazing day/night/whatever time you're reading. You all better be getting enough sleep, drinking enough water and most importantly of all, staying positive.

That's all from me so I'll see ya later mates 😁