Chapter 96 - 『Haven't I Given Enough?』

Start from the beginning

"...No, I'm not."

If Xiao Xingchen knew what Xue Yang had done to him in their previous lives, maybe the man would kill himself again and shatter his soul that will be already beyond repair.

That was how cruel he is.

"Well, you are. Now then, shall we go home first?" Xiao Xingchen says when he noticed that the night is already deep.

"Go ahead. I will stay here." Xue Yang says before hugging his knees and stared at the three stones again.

Xue Yang does not have the courage to go back, not when he was being stared at with contempt from other people.

Before Xiao Xingchen could dismiss his nonsense blabbering and drag him back to Lotus Pier, the redhead woke up.

"Xue Yang, let's go."

It's not like he could say no to the redhead.

Just before Xue Yang could stand up, he sees Wei Xun disappearing.

"Whaㅡ!"

"Gege!"

Xue Yang immediately ran to his side to take ahold of him. And just when he could touch him, Wei Xun completely disappeared, sending multiple alarms blaring in Xue Yang's mind.

When Cale opened his eyes, he found himself into one of the rooms in Golden Carp Tower.

"Huh?"

To say that Cale is profoundly confused would be understandable.

In front of him was a sleeping child, resting away for the night.

It was Jin Ling.

When Cale took notice of the faint silver glow encasing the child, he sees a talisman emitting a soft light.

"This...!"

It was the protection talisman that he gave Jiang Cheng at the banquet.

Is this the reason why Jiang Cheng...

Cale shook away his own thoughts.

Now that he think about it, he remembers putting an alarm function together with the protection.

Is that the reason why he was suddenly brought here? Because someone just tried to attack Jin Ling?

Before Cale could reach out to touch the child's forehead, a dagger flew through his hands.

Cale stopped himself from yelping in pain, his hand bleeding profusely as he looked at Jin Ling who was slowly waking due to the blood soiling his face.

He could feel his own breath hitch and eyes blurring at the sight of the child soaked in blood despite it was his.

Cale backed away to see who threw the dagger at him, glaring in the shadows as the hole in his hand slowly disappeared thanks to the Vitality of the Heart.

"Show yourself." The redhead states in a dangerous tone, his ancient powers ready to attack.

"Why...don't...you...take a...guess...?"

The moment Cale sees who it is, he's left utterly confused.

What abomination is that thing in front of him?

Limbs sewn together in an unfitting way, as if it was only used as a replacement for the missing parts attached to the torso.

The...thing laughed ominously, sending shivers down to the redhead's spine when he looked at its eyes.

That thing...is not human. It is no longer one.

When it started walking clumsily towards him, Cale stood his ground and flicked his hands.