Ch. 36

Rei and sae noticed kyoko. Kyoko couldn't process the fact this was itoshi sae right in front of her. She realized it was too late to go back and pretend she didn't see them.

Rei recalled the fact kyoko's favorite player is sae so seeing him rn was probably a big thing for kyoko to see her favorite midfielder right in front of her. But she knew kyoko might kill her if she were to ever mention that to sae so she decided she'd just politely introduce sae to her and introduce her to sae. As if kyoko doesn't know him already.
Rei:"Oh kyoko."

Before kyoko could open her mouth or rei could continue sae intervened.

Sae pointed at kyoko.
Sae:"Who the hell is this pipsqueak?"

Kyoko's eyes widened hearing those words. Then they twitched. Did this guy seriously just...insult her height...?  Itoshi sae???

Oh my who knew that one line was able to break kyoko's complete or even slightest shine of interest in itoshi sae. Her respect for him seemed to diminish in that moment.

Her mind was clouded with only angry thoughts. She clenched her fists. So what if this guy is itoshi sae or whatever? He's just another person who just insulted her height didn't he?? She was not about to let some guy to look down on her even if that person is sae himself.

Rei could see the flames of anger coming from kyoko and started panicking. This was definitely not a good start. How did sae manage to already get on kyoko's nerves already??? It's only been five seconds?? Does he have a skill or talent of some sort for annoying people easily??

She tried to come between sae and kyoko but before she could talk kyoko glared sharply at sae.

Kyoko:"Who the hell do u think u r calling a pipsqueak?"

Sae only replied calmly. Even he annoyed at kyoko's sheer audacity to glare at him.

Sae:"I didn't know they let kids come into the u20. Maybe ur lost. Need some help finding ur parents?"
Rei:"SAE!!!"

Rei was at disbelief. Now why was sae already annoyed from kyoko when it's his fault??? She couldn't understand why these two started off so badly already. Was sae always blatantly this rude with strangers???

Rei:"Sae stop it-"

Kyoko didn't let rei finish her sentence.

Kyoko:"no no rei. If this guy with a dora's haircut wants to fight by all means go ahead itoshi sae."

Sae clicked his tongue at her words. His bangs were currently down because rei splashed water at him beforehand. It's no wonder she called his hair a Dora haircut.

Sae:"So u know who I am and u still have the courage to glare like that? I'm amazed beansprout."

Kyoko was this close to killing him. What's this guy's problem and why was he so irritating???

Likewise sae was also annoyed at kyoko. So he pointed at her and looked at rei.

Sae:"What's with this sassy lost child?"
Rei:"Sae!!! stop saying that!!"

Honestly rei wanted to laugh at what he said but she knew now's not the time so she tried her best to hold it in. She let out a small laugh then got herself back together. But by that time kyoko and sae were continuing their argument.

Kyoko:"I'm. Not. A. Child."

She glared coldly into sae's eyes who repayed her with the same cold glare. The air was very tense and suffocating.

Rei felt like two ticking bombs were about to be set to explode in a few seconds. She has to act quickly before this becomes into bigger trouble. Truly things escalated to downfall very quickly. So this is what happens when u put two people with short temper in the same room?