Ch. 29

Mamatoshi sat there confused. What was even the u20? She squinted her eyes put her hand on her chin trying to remember sae explaining it to her. The word seems very familiar, yet she can't remember wth the u20 is. Her kids talk abt football too much she spaces out sometimes when they're explaining it to her.

Rei noticed her mom's no reaction and confused look and laughed a bit.

Rei:"Mama u20. National team. For Japan. For football."
Mamatoshi finally recalled it with rei's help and felt like a light bulb appeared on her head.

Mom:"Ohhhhhhhhhh!!! Wait what is a u20 then?"
Rei:"Under-20 meaning under 20 years old team."
Mom:"OH. OHHHHHH WAIT u were invited there??"
Rei:"More like selected as a candidate to be part of the team :D so idk if I'm in or not yet BUT BUT BUT I have a high chance <33"
Mom:"Oh my god sweetie that's amazing. So you'll get to be part of the national team??"
Rei:"Yep :3 oh and I'll have to move to their dormitory. They're in Tokyo the national team and tryouts."
Mom:"Oh... That's really great. I was so worried u were feeling lonely at home while I couldn't be there with u :("
Rei:"AKSHRH it's alright I told u!!!"

Mamatoshi smiled at her but... Part of her... She's happy rei won't be lonely but... Once she returns back home she's the one who won't find anyone once she's back. The memories of the kids greeting her whenever she came back from work... However sae left. Rin left. Rei's going to leave. No one is there anymore. Seriously the hardest part is seeing her kids growing up and going further and further away from her.

They talked a bit more and caught up with each other. Mamatoshi was talking with rei abt sae. Rei really had a big impact on sae as he started actually replying to mamatoshi more often. But he still ignores the topic of him and rin arguing.

Mom:"Come to think of it how did u make ur brother stay this long?"
That question was rei's ultimate weakness.

Rei instantly remembered her yelling in the airport and her crying when she saw sae the day before and felt embarrassed.

Mamatoshi felt sus and pestered her more abt this until she covered her face hearing that her daughter really yelled in the middle of an airport, fought off the security, and had made herself a fool in front of many people... Rei seriously has a thing with embarrassment.

After a while they closed off the call and called it a night <3

....
.....
Meanwhile Rin was still in the first selection. He didn't like it if anyone tried talking with him. These ppl were bad at playing. But it didn't matter as long as he gets to score. Whether his team makes it or not is none of his business as long as he gets to move on.

The food wasn't bad. But he lowkey missed rei and mamatoshi's cooking.

He also wished hiori was there with him since he was also invited. But seeing how the stratum matches were going so far he hasn't seen hiori not in the cafeteria and not in any of the matches so far. Neither karasu but something abt karasu bothered him (cuz he reminds him of sae) he wouldn't want to have him as someone to talk with as karasu just loves messing around with him.

At night he couldn't sleep cuz everyone's snoring was so loud. He was seriously this close 🤏 to throwing a pillow at their faces and suffocate them to death if they don't shut up.

He sighed and left the room to do some alone training. He then sat down a bit and meditated. Suddenly what rei said was rewinding through his head.

Rin: twin telepathy?.. What nonsense we used to do. Sigh...but...

Rin then looked down. Breathed in and out. Looked around to make sure no one is there. He then used two fingers from one hand and used it to squeeze one side of his head.